Brunnen to Burgenstock by boat – is this possible?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 November 2017 at 22:14:46 #813719

Hello All!

I am still in the early planning stages of our first trip to Switzerland. I am so grateful to have found this site, and appreciate any help you can provide me with this particular leg of our trip.

We are spending 3 days and 2 nights in Lucerne, and one of those days I have our itinerary IDEALLY taking us via boat from Lucerne to Brunnen, and from Brunnen to Burgenstock.

I had originally planned to take the Burgenstock shuttle boat direct from Lucerne to the Burgenstock resort but upon learning about the Swiss Knife Valley Visitor Center in Brunnen, I’ve tried to combine these two trips together. However, I cannot find a connection between Brunnen to Burgerstock on the Lake Lucerne timetables. Does anyone know of a route that would support this itinerary?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this!!

Lana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    22 November 2017 at 23:30:32 #872278

Hi Lana-

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

Don’t have time to check it out for you in detail at this moment, but possibly you have confused the computer by misspelling Bürgenstock. I’m sure it will read Burgenstock as an alternative.

This web site should guide you:

http://www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ timetable-fares/timetable/

I did a quick check and there are such connections, without change of boat.

Make sure you scroll down and select the correct dates.

When are you traveling?

You might have to use a route that connects from one of the eastern ports to a route that services the western branch of the lake. That would not be direct.

The SBB timetablle should get you an answer, if you force it to use boats, in Advanced Settings.

Back tomorrow if someone else has not answered.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 November 2017 at 23:58:59 #872279

Hi Lana,

Just some info to add to Slowpoke’s response:

It is certainly possible to take a boat from Brunnen to Kehrsiten-Bürgenstock without going back to Luzern at some times of the year, but departures are not all that frequent, and tend to be early morning or mid-late afternoon rather than in the middle of the day.

You can use the Swiss Timetable to plan your trip on the specific date you have in mind. The stops you need are “Brunnen (See)” and “Kehrsiten-Bürgenstock”. To get only boat connections, do an advanced search and limit the means of transport to “Ship”.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    23 November 2017 at 1:42:24 #872280

Thanks,

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 November 2017 at 20:04:56 #872281

Thank you!

That is indeed the timetable I am looking at. Our trip is offseason (First two weeks of May) so there doesn’t appear to be an easy route from Brunnen to Burgenstock and it seems as though I’d be better off splitting up our Brunnen trip from our Burgenstock trip for ease of transport.

I will post my itinerary as I have it currently and solicit any suggestions for better ways in a separate post. Thank you again!

Lana

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 November 2017 at 2:10:19 #872282

Hi Lana –

I looked at the timetable I linked above, for early May, and there is one direct boat at 0919 from Brunnen to Kehrsiten, arriving at 1120.

http://www.lakelucerne.ch/fil eadmin/lakelucerne/con tent/Dokumente_Downloa ds_PDF/01_Fahrplan-Preise/01_Fahrplan/Sai sonaler_Fahrplan/2018/ 2018_Fahrplan_Fruehlin g.pdf

I find the lake boat schedule from the boat compny to be easier to use.

There is one other with a connection through Vitznau ay 1649, arr. Vitznau 1748, depart Vitznau at 1810, arr. Kehrsiten at 1836.

You might take the bus from Brunnen to Vitznau for he latter connection. Did not check that bus schedule for the connection, but there is a bus.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Brunnen to Burgenstock by boat – is this possible?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.