Budget hotel at Zurich airport with shuttle

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 4:04:55 #816497

I need to find accommodation near the Zurich airport for one night before leaving on a morning flight. We will only be there for the evening and really will just be there to sleep. It would be most economical if there is a shuttle to the airport that is included. Would anyone have a recommendation?

Could anyone comment on the NH hotel or the Ibis Budget Hotel?

The person who suggested the NH stayed there a few years ago and I can’t seem to find out if it has a shuttle included in it’s price.

The Ibis is quite a bit cheaper but again, I can’t find it saying there’s a shuttle.

Thanks to everyone!

Helene

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 June 2018 at 4:45:20 #887602

Hi Helene,

There are quite a few options. Did you go through our suggestions on http://www.myswissalps.com/zu richairporthotels? Both hotels and more are listed there. As far as I know the NH offers a shuttle and the Ibis doesn’t.

I recently stayed in an Ibis Styles (not in Zurich) and found it perfectly fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 5:37:22 #887603

If you like the Ibis Hotel (Glattburg) it is only a 2 minute walk to a tram stop (and then a 3 minute ride to the airport). I think they don’t have a shuttle for this reason.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 11:07:23 #887604

Thank you for your response.

Would you know what cab fare would be (or could you guess) from the Ibis to the airport?

One of us just had knee replacement surgery so I am trying to balance convenience with cost. From here, it’s hard to tell if the walk to the tram stop, then whatever walking in the airport would be challenging. And if the more expensive hotel would be worthwhile for the convenience of being picked up at the hotel and dropped of at the correct spot at the airport.

I was able to find on the NH website that the shuttle actually costs 3 francs per person (there are 3 of us).

Helene

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2018 at 15:30:50 #887605

Oh I would guess 10-12chf for a taxi.

You would have about a 2-3 walk to the tram stop from the IBIS. The tram stops in front of the airport entrance so that is no more or less convenient than a shuttle.

In the end a taxi or shuttle would be easiest for the person with the recent knee replacement.
    Although if they are up for sightseeing in Switzerland then their knee should be ok on the tram. 🙂

My mom had both her knees replaced at the same time about 6 months before traveling to Europe and all worked out well.

Arno
    15483 posts
    7 June 2018 at 17:46:07 #887606

If it’s about price and convenience then take a look at the Welcome Inn in nearby Kloten. It’s affordable and a free shuttle bus service to the airport is included.

https://www.hotelscomb ined.com/Hotel/Hotel_W elcome_Inn.htm

Beatrix
    Participant
    22 posts
    7 June 2018 at 22:57:16 #887607

I stayed at the NH Zurich Airport last May and really liked it and yes, they DO have shuttle to the airport.

• The thread ‘Budget hotel at Zurich airport with shuttle’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.