Bernese Oberland Pass versus Swiss Travel Pass

Bernese Oberland Pass versus Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Tfisch
Tfisch
13 posts
May 31, 2018 - 9:45 PM

I am having trouble seeing differences between the swiss travel pass benefits and the Burnese Oberland pass just within the burnese-oberland pass area. I did notice the swiss travel pass includes free service to Schilthorn and B O pass just 25%off. Is there a comparison chart just within the Burneses Oberland pass area? Am i missing something major? Arriving geneva 3 pm june 1. Be in interlaken june 1-June 7 so probably lean toards a 6 day pass. Recommendations much appreciated.

rockoyster
rockoyster
3839 posts
expert
May 31, 2018 - 10:22 PM in reply to Tfisch

Well for a start there is no 6-day Swiss Travel Pass.

To compare what the respective passes offer see www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity and www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/validity.

Schilthorn is 50% with BO Pass.

You should read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass), download the handy spreadsheet calculator and do the math.

1960man
1960man
474 posts
top member
May 31, 2018 - 11:40 PM

Just to clarify the spelling of Bernese Oberland

Local name and spelling is Berner Oberland (ie the higher altitude (Ober = upper) land of the territory of Bern, or put another way 'Bernese Uplands'

www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland

Tfisch
Tfisch
13 posts
Jun 1, 2018 - 12:18 PM in reply to 1960man

Thanks for replying. I see slight differences at highest elevations between the maps for Swiss vs OB. I thought maybe someone had done a chart comparing the two, focusing on the differences in the OB region. Hopefully I found the most important. Thanks for info on spelling as well.

Lucas
Lucas
8012 posts
expert &
Jun 1, 2018 - 1:52 PM in reply to Tfisch

I haven't seen a chart/map comparing the two rail passes but we do have a list of the top attractions in each region and the discounts offered. See Rockoyster's links.

This way you can at least compare mountain trips quickly (and see % discounts etc).

Last modified on Jun 1, 2018 - 1:53 PM by Lucas
Gunzel
Gunzel
145 posts
Jun 1, 2018 - 7:51 PM

The information you are seeking is readily available on this and other web sites.

The old saying PPPP (prior planning prevents poor performance) certainly applies to visiting Switzerland.

And planning is half the fun.

Enjoy your travels!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018