Bernina Express bus reservations Tirano to Lugano

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2017 at 22:35:40 #811686

Hi

I wish to travel through Bernina express from Chur to Tirano on 19 July 2017 or may take regional train. I will stay for a night at Tirano and on next day want to take Bernina Bus from Tirano to Lugano. Is it possible to take two separate ticket and specially for bus on different days or it is compulsory to book it as a whole from chur to lugano. I tried several time reserving a seat for 3 persons from tirano to lugano but it didn’t worked out for me.I will be travelling thorugh interrail switzerland pass on 19 and 20 july. For bus from tirano to lugano do i have to pay only reservation of 14 CHF each or have to pay extra for the ticket as well?

Regards

Humaad

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2017 at 0:29:02 #862822

Hi Humaad, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> I wish to travel through Bernina express from Chur to Tirano on 19 July 2017 or may take regional train. I will stay for a night at Tirano and on next day want to take Bernina Bus from Tirano to Lugano. Is it possible to take two separate ticket and specially for bus on different days or it is compulsory to book it as a whole from chur to lugano.

Yes, you can book Chur-Tirano and Tirano-Lugano for different dates.

>> I tried several time reserving a seat for 3 persons from tirano to lugano but it didn’t worked out for me.

What website are you trying to do the booking on? I just tried to do a booking on the website below for 3 people on 20 July, and it worked OK.

http://www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express

>> I will be travelling thorugh interrail switzerland pass on 19 and 20 july. For bus from tirano to lugano do i have to pay only reservation of 14 CHF each or have to pay extra for the ticket as well?

With an Interrail Pass, you only pay the reservation fee of CHF 14 each.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 10:10:47 #862823

Thanks Alpen rose

Thanks for the detailed reply. actually, their website is down these days. I booked the seats through email and giving my credit card details as guarantee .

regards

Humaad

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2017 at 22:24:08 #862824

>> I booked the seats through email and giving my credit card details as guarantee.

Glad you found a way to make your reservations. Have a wonderful trip!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Bernina Express bus reservations Tirano to Lugano’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.