Bus Tirano-Lugano: timetable and reservations

• TONYHKLEE
    Participant
    1 post
    4 July 2022 at 10:36:53 #827683

If I stay overnight at Tirano and bus to Lugano in the morning, are there many buses that runs this route? Do I have to make a reservation for a particular bus? I want to take the train back from Lugano to Zurich. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6279 posts
    4 July 2022 at 16:10:00 #943943

Hi TONYHKLEE,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

There is only 1 bus which travels directly from Tirano to Lugano daily. This is the Bernina Express bus (which is part of the Bernina Express panoramic route). The bus leaves Lugano at 14.20 and the journey takes about 3 hours. Seat reservation is compulsory. You can find more information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/berninaexpress/tickets

Regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2022 at 20:46:18 #943944

Tirano – Lugano is not a regular bus route. It was created specificallly to link with the Bernina Express. Options are

1) wait for the one bus of the day

2) go by train Tirano – Monza – Lugano – Gotthard – Zurich

3) go back north on the Bernina Railway

• The thread ‘Bus Tirano-Lugano: timetable and reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.