Bus transfers to and from Basel airport

• JoeyA
    Participant
    57 posts
    29 July 2016 at 12:05:51 #809775

Hi,

Just a quick last question as we are off on Sunday! We will arriving at Basel airport and then need to get a bus transfer to Basel SBB. I have a half fare pass and family card for the children. When I arrive at the airport will I be able to buy my train tickets there, including the bus leg, or do I need to just find the bus stop, pay for the bus (presuming it’s not included in the rail pass?), and get the train tickets at the station?

Thanks, Joey.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 July 2016 at 12:28:16 #854653

Hi Joey,

There’s an SBB office at the airport, although I don’t think it’s opened on Sundays. The machines should be able to sell you a combined bus + train ticket as well.

Enjoy your trip!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 July 2016 at 19:40:11 #854654

Closed Sunday, as you suspected:

http://www.sbb.ch/en/station-services/am-bahnhof/railway-stations/bahnhof-finden.posid.30.html

The machines should give the appropriate ticket, as you noted.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Bus transfers to and from Basel airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.