Bus/train ticket to Zermatt coming from Italy

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Grazie
Grazie
15 posts
Jun 29, 2019 - 8:40 PM

Hello...it's me again. Does anyone know if it's absolutely necessary for us to buy our bus/train tickets in advance from Malpensa Airport to Domodossola? I've looked into it and read that I had to buy it in advance. My dilemma is, we don't know how long it will take us to get out of the airport (arriving at 6:30am) and we would like to take the earliest possible bus instead of getting on a later time. Your help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6338 posts
expert
Jun 29, 2019 - 11:17 PM in reply to Grazie

Not sure of the current route, which is somewhat different when I did that. At that time, the bus did not need reservations, but the train did. The bus was fundamentally a shuttle. Sorry that I cannot be more helpful for the current situation.

You might figure out the interval between buses and see if that is an issue.

When traveling in Italy, I always...always...allowed extra time for confusion (mostly mine). Also, not infrequent work stoppages.

Slowpoke

1960man
1960man
1885 posts
top member
Jun 30, 2019 - 12:13 AM

It's not really for this forum as it is internal to Italy

www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy

rockoyster
rockoyster
6746 posts
expert
Jun 30, 2019 - 2:35 AM in reply to Grazie

It is possible to get a #11 bus from Malpasena to Domodossola but according to the attached reservations are compulsory.

The second option shows a rail connection not requiring reservations.

Both from the on-line SBB timetable.

Please login to see the attached documents

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019