Buy 1 Swiss regional pass, and get 1 for free

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 August 2011 at 14:39:15 #834351

Annika,
    Thank you so much! I’ll book now.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2011 at 18:24:11 #834352

My wife & I will arrive in Zurich on Sept 2 and travel to Lauterbrunnen area for a 2 week stay with the return to Zurich on Sept 15. We will do a lot of hiking from Lauterbrunnen, Murren & Grindelwald. We are trying to decide between just buying the Swiss Card for the travel train to Lauterbunnen and pay 50% for local travel. OR Buy the BO Regional Pass for the 14 days for the free days and discounts. Looking at the websiste, I understand our first day in SWZ we would need to pay for Zurich to Bern and then the BO Regional Pass is free from Bern to Lauterbrunnen. The leg from Interlaken to Lauterbrunnen will need to be the bus instead of the train due to the lodging location.
    What do you suggest are our best options for saving money on our transportation?

thanks, Kelley

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 August 2011 at 0:56:50 #834353

Hi Kelley,

Thanks for reading up on the details of those passes. The choice is exactly like you described: the free travel days are the main advantage of the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland. Also, it includes some cable cars that are not included in the Swiss Card. Both pages link to maps that show you the details. The question is whether you expect to extensively use cable cars or do some longer trips all across the Bernese Oberland. If so, the Regional Pass is the logical choice and provides the best value for the region you are staying in. By the way, the offer to get one pass for free is only for the 7-day pass, as described in the first post.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2011 at 14:13:37 #834354

I have a travel plan to Switzerland during the 17-20 September. I want to know if i buy this regional card, can i take the goldenpass line from Luzern to Interlaken and get the discount?
    Besides, we have to book the train ticket from zurich to Luzern for return ticket in the seperate day. is it possible to get any disscount from this route if we book it earlier?

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 August 2011 at 15:00:43 #834355

Hi connie69,

I’m not sure if you’re referring to the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland or the Tell Pass? Validity maps are linked from the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland page and on this Tell Pass page. You’ll see there that it is either free or discounted with Tell Pass, and discounted with the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland.

There are regular trains and some panoramic trains on the Golden Pass line. The regular ones don’t require reservations. Details are on this page.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 September 2011 at 9:40:31 #834356

Planning to buy – 2nd class Tell Pass (the Lake Lucerne region) for 7 days

Please advice will it cover the following destinations for the 2 day free rides –

Mt Rigi
    Mt Pilatus
    Mt Titlis

and for the 5 days half fare –

Geneva – Lucerne one way
    Lucerne – Basel one way
    Lucerne – Lugano one way
    Lucerne – Interlaken one way

Please give more information on the TELL PASS as there is very limited information available.

Arno
    15484 posts
    1 September 2011 at 10:49:11 #834357

Hi nazim,

Everything about the Tell Pass is on this website, including maps showing the area of validity, such as this map. The mountains are included, either for free or discounted, but Geneva, Basel and Lugano are well beyond the region of the Tell Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 September 2011 at 8:49:31 #834358

I am trying to place an order for Berner Oberland regional pass with buy 1 get 1 free offer. But at 4th step of payment, I fill out Visa credit card number and other information and click for continue. It is always marking the credit card number and card type to Red and asks to check. There is no problem with my card validity and also I confirmed several times that I am adding correct info.
    Can you help me please?
    – Pramod

Annika
    7121 posts
    13 September 2011 at 11:21:22 #834359

Hello Pramod. I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties. Please be sure that you entered the card number without any spaces in it. If this doesn’t help, you can best contact our partner STC, since the order is dealt with by them.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2011 at 4:26:20 #834360

Hi,

We are a couple visiting Lucerne in 1st week of October for two days before we proceed to Paris.

We have a query about the Tell pass 2 for 1 promotion.

Could you please let me know if this offer is valid only for purchase over internet or could I get this offer at any train / boat station when in Switzerland.

In case it is only on the internet, can I provide a Swiss delivery address (a friend / hotel) ? This is to avoid 30 CHF shipping charges to India.

Appreciate if you could help clarifying this.

Thanks

tinkerbell
    Participant
    5 posts
    18 September 2011 at 5:24:58 #834361

Hello

My husband and I will be leaving australia in 5 days and would like to know if I can book the 2 for 1 ticket for the Bernese Oberland and arrange for them to be delivered to my hotel in Lyon France.

many thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2011 at 5:53:20 #834362

Hi tinkerbell,

Yes, shipping to France is an option. Other travelers have had their passes delivered to their campsite, for example. I think it would be a good idea to inform the hotel about the delivery. Have fun!

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2011 at 5:59:53 #834363

Hi doodle,

I originally thought that this offer was only available on the internet, but according to the Tell Pass website, it should be possible to get it locally as well. Anyway, if you order through Switzerland Travel Centre, you can have it delivered to a Swiss address for just 6 Swiss francs. Enjoy Lucerne!

tinkerbell
    Participant
    5 posts
    18 September 2011 at 8:18:04 #834364

Hi Arno
    Hi Arno

I am trying to book the tickets using my address as Australia as the booking address and an address in France as the delivery address- in the delivery information it says tickets will be delivered 2 to 3 weeks prior to departure and then for delivery by DHL it says – DHL Express: Order must be completed at least 3 working days prior to departure.

As we are leaving Australia in 6 days(24th) I am wondering if I order the tickets today will they arrive before the 28th September in France

thanks

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 September 2011 at 9:07:25 #834365

Hi tinkerbell,

Regular mail takes 8 working days. DHL Express takes 3 working days. If people order well in advance, they will only release the parcel until 2-3 weeks before the pass starting date, but that does not apply to you.

tinkerbell
    Participant
    5 posts
    18 September 2011 at 9:11:40 #834366

[quote]Arno said: Hi tinkerbell,

Regular mail takes 8 working days. DHL Express takes 3 working days. If people order well in advance, they will only release the parcel until 2-3 weeks before the pass starting date, but that does not apply to you.[/quote]

Thanks Arno that is reassuring- I will now go ahead and book

Cheers

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 September 2011 at 5:09:47 #834367

Hi all,

I have written to STC asking for a clarification if the special 2 for 1 offer on Tell Pass can be purchased at any train / boat station in switzerland.

They have clarified that this is a SPECIAL INTERNET OFFER and can’t be purchased at train stations. Refer to mail below.

[email protected] to me
    Dear Thank you for your email.The 2 for one offer is a special Internet offer and can`t be purchased at the train station. Best regards Backoffice STC Switzerland Travel Centre AG Binzstrasse 38 CH-8045 Zürich Phone +41 (0) 43 210 55 00Fax +41 (0) 43 210 55 [email protected] http://www.stc.ch

Arno
    15484 posts
    22 September 2011 at 7:04:54 #834368

Thanks for sharing that doodle!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 September 2011 at 2:30:19 #834369

Hello!

Requesting help. We reside in the U.S and planning to start on Oct 2nd (Sunday), reach Geneva, Switzerland on 3rd and from thereon to the Interlaken on the 4th.
    We intend to spend five nights until the 9th in and around the Lauterbrunnen area.Unfortunately, we just saw this deal and think it would be great for us, provided we have time to buy it.
    What are our options given the short time (just 3 US working days left before we start).

1. Can we buy and print the passes over the internet?
    2. Can we collect them at the Geneva airport? mayeb you have an office there?
    3. Do you think we could DHL it in 2 days? That would be too risky 🙁

Any other suggestions? I am not sure if i really want to opt for it being delivered to a hotel in Lauterbrunnen.

Thx a bunch! Appreciate your response\help.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 September 2011 at 13:20:52 #834370

Hi primus,

The passes cannot be printed; they need to be delivered, and they’re available online only. DHL would take 5 business days to the US. Your best option is to order through Switzerland Travel Centre and have it delivered to the first hotel in Switzerland that you have booked. Just make sure the hotel staff knows about the delivery. Delivery to a Swiss address takes 2 business days.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your stay!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 64 total)
  • The thread ‘Buy 1 Swiss regional pass, and get 1 for free’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.