Buy both Jungfrau and Swiss Travel passes?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2017 at 14:55:41 #812868

Hello.

My wife and I have already purchased the Swiss Travel Pass. We will be staying in Wengen. I am considering also purchasing the Jungfrau pass as we plan to visit Jungfraujoch. There is a discount with both passes, and some duplicate coverage.

If I purchased the Jungfrau pass, how much additional would it then cost to visit Jungfraujoch?

And, if I purchased the pass, are there some suggestions for new sites not to miss?

Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2017 at 17:17:42 #867974

Hi drjcroy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don’t think it is needed to also by the Jungfrau Travel Pass if you already have the Swiss Travel Pass.
    You can see the coverage for the Swiss Travel Pass here and the Jungfrau Travel Pass here.

The Jungfrau Travel Pass gets you free travel as far as Eigergletscher and then 50% off the ticket to Jungfraujoch. The Swiss Travel Pass gets you free travel as far as Wengen or Grindelwald and then 25% off the rest of the trip.

You can compare prices of the passes to see which is the best pass for you on our page: how to choose the best rail pass. I’m not sure if just that one trip will make much difference but if you are traveling a lot in that area it could.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 August 2017 at 17:23:28 #867975

Thank you, Lucas.

I will certainly research the sites that you suggested.

Jeff

• The thread ‘Buy both Jungfrau and Swiss Travel passes?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.