Buy time of Swiss Travel Pass at Zurich Airport

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2017 at 16:10:58 #811857

Hi,

I am a non Switzerland resident. I will be arriving Switzerland on 8 Jun 2017 at around 8:30am and I intend to buy a Swiss Travel Pass at Zurich airport. However I have to catch a train at Zurich airport station at 9:47am. May I know if I will have enough time to get my Swiss Travel Pass? How long will it take me to buy the pass at the ticket counter?

Greatly appreciate anyone’s advice on this.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    17 May 2017 at 16:35:37 #863469

Hi Wangxc,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! If your plane is on time it should be doable I guess, but it’s really hard to predict. It also depends on customs and how long the queue at the ticket office is (could be 5 minutes, could be 30 minutes too).

There’s no need to wait with your purchase until you’ve arrived. You can simply print your Swiss Travel Pass at home, skip the ticket office, and board the first available train immediately. All purchase options are listed here: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. To buy through the tourist webshop of the Swiss Railways, please visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 May 2017 at 23:40:56 #863470

Thank you for your speedy and informative reply! Also, as my stay in Switzerland will be from 8 Jun 2017 (Plane arrives at Zurich airport 8:30am) to 17 Jun 2017 (11am departure from Zurich airport). I will be buying a 8-days Swiss Travel Pass. However, I will be in Luzern on 16 Jun and I understand that the pass is only valid till 5am on 16 Jun. I will be in Zurich sightseeing on 16 Jun afternoon. May I confirm that I will be needing a point to point ticket from Luzern to Zurich HB followed by a one day zurich ZVV pass? Is this the most economical way to purchase transport ticket? Your advise is much appreciated.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 9:12:26 #863471

Yes, for your last day you can buy a point to point ticket to Zurich.

As for needing a one day pass or ZurichCard, well it depends on how much transit you anticipate doing. It is a very walkable city and you may not need to use transit more than once or twice, but if you also plan on visiting museums etc you may find the ZurichCard useful.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Buy time of Swiss Travel Pass at Zurich Airport’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.