Buying a Jungfrau Travel Pass on viator.com

• ioana
    Participant
    81 posts
    4 June 2017 at 14:32:39 #812122

Hello,

I’m trying to buy Jungfrau Travel Passes for me and my family on viator. I need 2 adult passes and one child (6 and a half) , but for the child they charge me the full adult price. I know that it should cost 30CHF, so why does this happen and what can I do about it?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 June 2017 at 18:27:08 #864484

Welcome to MySwissAlps Ioana!

I recently found out about this issue with child fares and already notified Viator. It’s a mistake on their end and they are trying to fix it. I don’t know when the correct fare will be available. For now you can book the adult passes through http://www.viator.com/tours/I nterlaken/3-6-Day-Jungfrau-Travel-Pass/d5011-6456VIP_PASS, and buy the child pass locally upon showing the adult passes.

There is another option though. If you go to http://www.acprail.com/rail-passes/jungfrau-passes you get buy the adults passes and the low priced child pass as well. Just ignore the child fares they list on that page; those are only for children not traveling with their parents. Just click the adult tab, select the number of travelers and their ages. Then proceed filling out all requested information and you’ll see they only charge € 30 for the child.

You’ll find all purchase options listed here: myswissalps.com/jungfr autravelpass/price.

ioana
    Participant
    81 posts
    5 June 2017 at 4:47:20 #864485

Thank you very much for your detailed answer. In this case, I think I’ll wait another week or so to see if they corrected the price, and after that, if not, I’ll do your first option, buying just 2 adult passes and the child pass upon arrival.

• The thread ‘Buying a Jungfrau Travel Pass on viator.com’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.