Buying a print@home Tell-Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Linsbay
Linsbay
3 posts
May 9, 2019 - 9:41 AM

Thank you so much for your excellent and informative website which I have been using for months in preparation for a 21 day trip in June.

Just checking on purchasing the Tell Pass which we prefer to buy online and print@home. Your information page on the Tell pass states that only paper tickets are available through your recommended providers, but when I searched Tell pass I found Tellpass.ch which says it sells the pass as a print@home ticket. Could you please tell me if this a valid website and seller? Any reasons why the pass should not be ordered through this site? Many thanks.

Arno
Arno
14077 posts
expert &
May 9, 2019 - 9:51 AM

Hi Linsbay,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I am glad to hear that our website has been useful for you. I know the website you mentioned, it's the local Swiss site. I don't know their team but haven't heard complaints so far. If you prefer the paper version of the pass then you can take a look at https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/regional-pass-tell-pass. The pass is a little bit cheaper there, and shipping to your country Australia is free. Do order in time as it takes up to 12 days. Further options are here: www.myswissalps.com/te llpass/price.

Last modified on May 9, 2019 - 9:52 AM by Arno
Linsbay
Linsbay
3 posts
May 11, 2019 - 9:34 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks heaps Arno- we want print@home tickets though because we don’t trust paper versions to arrive before we leave. The SIM cards we ordered from Simly so far have taken more than a month to arrive. Apparently they have been in Australian customs for the last couple of weeks. Don’t know why or when we will receive them.

Again very much appreciate MySwiss Alps - it’s been enormously helpful for our trip preparation.

rockoyster
rockoyster
7384 posts
expert
May 12, 2019 - 3:15 AM in reply to Linsbay

If by some unfortunate set of circumstances your Simly SIMS don't show up in time then you can always pick up a cheap Salt SIM once you get to Switzerland. See www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/around-switzerland-via-stp-flex-and-sbb-mobile-app. The initial outlay has gone up fro CHF10 to CHF19.95 since those days but it is still extremely good value. The Salt SIM only works in Switzerland. You can pick one up at the Salt shop at Zurich airport if you are arriving there.

Last modified on May 12, 2019 - 3:31 AM by rockoyster
Linsbay
Linsbay
3 posts
May 12, 2019 - 5:34 AM

Thanks Rockoyster, will keep this in mind but hopefully it won’t be needed.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019