Buying a printhome Tell-Pass

• Linsbay
    Participant
    3 posts
    9 May 2019 at 9:41:22 #821538

Thank you so much for your excellent and informative website which I have been using for months in preparation for a 21 day trip in June.

Just checking on purchasing the Tell Pass which we prefer to buy online and print@home. Your information page on the Tell pass states that only paper tickets are available through your recommended providers, but when I searched Tell pass I found Tellpass.ch which says it sells the pass as a print@home ticket. Could you please tell me if this a valid website and seller? Any reasons why the pass should not be ordered through this site? Many thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 May 2019 at 9:51:11 #911986

Hi Linsbay,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I am glad to hear that our website has been useful for you. I know the website you mentioned, it’s the local Swiss site. I don’t know their team but haven’t heard complaints so far. If you prefer the paper version of the pass then you can take a look at https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/regional-pass-tell-pass. The pass is a little bit cheaper there, and shipping to your country Australia is free. Do order in time as it takes up to 12 days. Further options are here: http://www.myswissalps.com/te llpass/price.

Linsbay
    Participant
    3 posts
    11 May 2019 at 21:34:09 #911987

Thanks heaps Arno- we want print@home tickets though because we don’t trust paper versions to arrive before we leave. The SIM cards we ordered from Simly so far have taken more than a month to arrive. Apparently they have been in Australian customs for the last couple of weeks. Don’t know why or when we will receive them.

Again very much appreciate MySwiss Alps – it’s been enormously helpful for our trip preparation.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    12 May 2019 at 3:15:02 #911988

If by some unfortunate set of circumstances your Simly SIMS don’t show up in time then you can always pick up a cheap Salt SIM once you get to Switzerland. See http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/around-switzerland-via-stp-flex-and-sbb-mobile-app. The initial outlay has gone up fro CHF10 to CHF19.95 since those days but it is still extremely good value. The Salt SIM only works in Switzerland. You can pick one up at the Salt shop at Zurich airport if you are arriving there.

Linsbay
    Participant
    3 posts
    12 May 2019 at 5:34:13 #911989

Thanks Rockoyster, will keep this in mind but hopefully it won’t be needed.

• The thread ‘Buying a printhome Tell-Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.