Buying and using Swiss Pass at Basel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2017 at 17:23:42 #811333

Hi

I am travelling from paris to luzern in train via Basel. I am going to buy a 3 day pass for travel within luzern and my.titlis etc.

1. is it ok if i buy tkt from paris upto basel and then travel to luzern using swiss pass validating the pass at Basel ?

2. Should I make any reservation from Basel or can i just board the train and sit?

3. Can i buy Swiss pass in Basel or shud i buy it online?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 April 2017 at 18:21:51 #861181

Hi Sundaram,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! As for your questions:

1. Yes, that’s ok but note that you need the Swiss Travel Pass, not a SwissPass, that’s something different. You can find tickets from Paris here.

2. You can board any train, no reservations needed.

3. Yes, you can during the ticket office opening hours. It is much more convenient to buy it online though. You can print the pass at home and don’t risk missing your next train waiting in line. Also you’ll have a backup copy if you buy online. You can visit http://www.swissrailways.com/ en to print the pass. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home. More purchase options can be found here.

Have a great trip!

• The thread ‘Buying and using Swiss Pass at Basel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.