Buying and using Swiss Pass at Basel

Buying and using Swiss Pass at Basel

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sundaram
sundaram
3 posts
Apr 9, 2017 - 5:23 PM

Hi

I am travelling from paris to luzern in train via Basel. I am going to buy a 3 day pass for travel within luzern and my.titlis etc.

1. is it ok if i buy tkt from paris upto basel and then travel to luzern using swiss pass validating the pass at Basel ?

2. Should I make any reservation from Basel or can i just board the train and sit?

3. Can i buy Swiss pass in Basel or shud i buy it online?

Arno
Arno
11135 posts
expert &
Apr 9, 2017 - 6:21 PM

Hi Sundaram,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! As for your questions:

1. Yes, that's ok but note that you need the Swiss Travel Pass, not a SwissPass, that's something different. You can find tickets from Paris here.

2. You can board any train, no reservations needed.

3. Yes, you can during the ticket office opening hours. It is much more convenient to buy it online though. You can print the pass at home and don't risk missing your next train waiting in line. Also you'll have a backup copy if you buy online. You can visit www.swissrailways.com/ en to print the pass. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick "Online Ticket" from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home. More purchase options can be found here.

Have a great trip!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 11:42 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018