Buying Jungfraujoch ticket with Swiss Travel Pass

• Schnacky
    Participant
    16 posts
    30 August 2017 at 22:40:13 #813129

Hi there. My husband and I will be arriving in Switzerland on September 20th and will be staying in Wengen first. We want to go to Jungfraujoch and have the STP. I am unclear about purchasing the tickets. Since we will be in Wengen that will obviously be our starting point and then do I put in Jungfraujoch or Kleine Sheidegg? Is there a spot to input that we have the STP? I’m just not 100% sure about this and don’t want to mess it up. Thank you for any help you can give me.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2017 at 6:28:12 #869216

Hi Schnacky,

You want to enter Jungfraujoch, Kleine Scheidegg is a lower stop on the train. Are you looking to buy the ticket online? If so, yes you can enter that you have the Swiss Travel Pass to get your 25% discount.

Another option is to go in to the rail station in Wengen and buy the ticket there. Just show them your Swiss Travel Pass to get the 25% off ticket.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    31 August 2017 at 7:16:58 #869217

Hi Lucas,

Interestingly the SBB Ticket Shop on-line doesn’t have a mechanism for nominating a 25% discount. Only option are no-reduction or half-fare which you would get with the Swiss Half-Fare Card. Bit of an oversight n’est-ce pas?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 August 2017 at 7:39:58 #869218

Yes, I find it quite odd also – especially as Switzerland gets the odd tourist or two ;).
    So you have to buy online at a 3rd party like HappyRail etc.

The same for the local ticket machines – everything is set up for Swiss residents (who either have the GA pass where they don’t need tickets 95% of the time or the half fare travelcard) and not for tourists. 🙁

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    31 August 2017 at 10:58:46 #869219

. . . Or buy here http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/tickets/bergbahn/ang ebote/jungfraujoch-top-of-europe/tickets-jungfraujoch where they conveniently cater for the Swiss Travel Pass.

Schnacky
    Participant
    16 posts
    31 August 2017 at 17:48:11 #869220

Thank you both for your help. Do you find it best to then buy our tickets in Wengen at the station, like the day before we would like to go rather online? As even on the jungfrau.ch website it didn’t give me the option of adding our STP. (unless I am doing something wrong) Should we reserve seats from Kleine Sheidegg to the Jungfraujoch? Sorry about the questions. I just want to clarify. 🙂 Thank you again!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    31 August 2017 at 21:00:08 #869221

Hi Schnacky,

You should see a drop-down box per attached. It’s on the 2nd screen, after you pick travel date and start/end stations. BUT, you don’t really want to buy tickets until you have some idea of how the weather looks. No use going up there in heavy cloud. If you are at Wengen anyway I’d be inclined to buy tickets at the station. They will have weather and reservation advice.

Schnacky
    Participant
    16 posts
    1 September 2017 at 0:18:56 #869222

Thank you! I will take your advice and do just that!! 🙂

• The thread ‘Buying Jungfraujoch ticket with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.