Buying online Schilthorn tickets for a child

• cloud9
    Participant
    10 posts
    17 July 2022 at 7:16:00 #827790

Hello again!

We’ll be staying in Mürren and when visiting Schilthorn, I’d like to buy tickets online early in the morning on the day we plan to go up to avoid queueing for them. My husband and I will have the Swiss Travel Pass and our 14 year old will have the Swiss Family Card. When using this link (shop.switzerlandtravelcentre.com/en/product/excursionSchilthornMurren) to buy the tickets, if I check the box for STP, the final price shown reduces the adult tickets to 50%, but our daughter is still charged the children’s fare.

If I understand correctly, the Family card allows her to use travel by the Schilthorn cable cars for free. If this is the case, should I only purchase 2 adult tickets at the reduced fare and our daughter doesn’t need a ticket at all?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 July 2022 at 7:35:38 #944399

Hi Cloud9,

Yes, you only need adult tickets. Children travel for free with the Swiss Family Card, so you don’t need to order tickets for them. The option you selected is for children without a Swiss Family Card or traveling independent.

Please find more details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/swissfamilycard/howtouse

Enjoy the trip!

cloud9
    Participant
    10 posts
    17 July 2022 at 10:20:46 #944400

Thanks Arno! That’s very helpful. I think I’m now much less confused about all the travel options available. Lol!

• The thread ‘Buying online Schilthorn tickets for a child’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.