Buying Swiss Travel Pass in advance

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2018 at 19:14:06 #816628

Should I buy my Swiss Travel Pass in advance from the U.S.? How will I get the Pass? Do I need the pass to reserve seats on trains? Is it refundable if my plans change? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Gunzel
    Participant
    241 posts
    14 June 2018 at 1:55:30 #888223

Your questions have been answered in many previous postings on here.

And the resources you need will also be on this site – and the links from it.

My suggestion is to have a good read of the material available and come back on here with some more specific questions.

Prior planning for a wonderful Swiss adventure pays benefits and is an essential component of a wonderful visit to Switzerland.

Enjoy your travels!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 June 2018 at 5:21:17 #888224

Hi Jcgbh1,

It would be more convenient to buy the Swiss Travel Pass online. It can be emailed to you and printed at home (saving you time at the airport and giving you a copy to print out again in case you lose your pass).
    https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price

No you don’t need the pass to reserve seats (and reservations are very rare on Swiss trains except panoramic trains- https://www.myswissalp s.com/activities/sceni ctrips/train). Typically there is a 15% cancellation fee so don’t order the pass until your travel dates are set.

• The thread ‘Buying Swiss Travel Pass in advance’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.