Buying Swiss Travel Pass from travel agency

Buying Swiss Travel Pass from travel agency

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Laisofun8
Laisofun8
38 posts
May 18, 2017 - 2:11 AM

good morning everyone

I'm looking for resources in buying STP in Hong Kong for coming trip in August. After exploring the resources, I found buying STP from local travel agency provides a lower price of CHF 340. The staff confirms that the document is a real paper card which requires three days to get ready. This is different from raileurope.com.hk. which is an e-ticket .

Can you confirm that there is a kind of such paper card form for STP?

Thank you for your assistance

Arno
Arno
10304 posts
expert &
May 18, 2017 - 3:53 AM

Hi Laisofun8,

A Swiss Travel Pass can be issued as a paper ticket or as a PDF-document (e-ticket) to print at home. The e-ticket is the common way nowadays. It saves time, you don't have to visit a Swiss ticket office for validation (some paper passes still do require that). Also the PDF is a good backup as you can print it again if you damage or lose the pass. But indeed the paper tickets are still being offered. Whether the travel agency offers a genuine pass I can't tell. You'll find trusted retailers on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. Be sure to double check the exact type of pass and the price if you buy from an unknown agency.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018