Buying Swiss Travel Pass from travel agency

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 May 2017 at 2:11:55 #811865

good morning everyone

I’m looking for resources in buying STP in Hong Kong for coming trip in August. After exploring the resources, I found buying STP from local travel agency provides a lower price of CHF 340. The staff confirms that the document is a real paper card which requires three days to get ready. This is different from raileurope.com.hk. which is an e-ticket .

Can you confirm that there is a kind of such paper card form for STP?

Thank you for your assistance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 May 2017 at 3:53:34 #863487

Hi Laisofun8,

A Swiss Travel Pass can be issued as a paper ticket or as a PDF-document (e-ticket) to print at home. The e-ticket is the common way nowadays. It saves time, you don’t have to visit a Swiss ticket office for validation (some paper passes still do require that). Also the PDF is a good backup as you can print it again if you damage or lose the pass. But indeed the paper tickets are still being offered. Whether the travel agency offers a genuine pass I can’t tell. You’ll find trusted retailers on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. Be sure to double check the exact type of pass and the price if you buy from an unknown agency.

• The thread ‘Buying Swiss Travel Pass from travel agency’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.