Buying Swiss Travel Pass from travel agency

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Laisofun8
Laisofun8
38 posts
May 18, 2017 - 2:11 AM

good morning everyone

I'm looking for resources in buying STP in Hong Kong for coming trip in August. After exploring the resources, I found buying STP from local travel agency provides a lower price of CHF 340. The staff confirms that the document is a real paper card which requires three days to get ready. This is different from raileurope.com.hk. which is an e-ticket .

Can you confirm that there is a kind of such paper card form for STP?

Thank you for your assistance

Arno
Arno
12343 posts
expert &
May 18, 2017 - 3:53 AM

Hi Laisofun8,

A Swiss Travel Pass can be issued as a paper ticket or as a PDF-document (e-ticket) to print at home. The e-ticket is the common way nowadays. It saves time, you don't have to visit a Swiss ticket office for validation (some paper passes still do require that). Also the PDF is a good backup as you can print it again if you damage or lose the pass. But indeed the paper tickets are still being offered. Whether the travel agency offers a genuine pass I can't tell. You'll find trusted retailers on myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. Be sure to double check the exact type of pass and the price if you buy from an unknown agency.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019