Buying Swiss Travel Pass for online delivery?

• bgrindelwald
    Participant
    4 posts
    11 May 2017 at 14:57:09 #811782

Looking to purchase Swiss Travel Passes for traveling June of this year. There are two families and a total of 6 travel passes. I see there are a number of delivery options. I have narrowed it to either online delivery via PDF for us to print or having a delivery of the tickets to our home in the US for a fee. Does anyone have any experience good or bad with either and is there a best way to proceed based on your experience? Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    11 May 2017 at 15:26:10 #863168

Hi bgrindelwald,

There are several retailers, listed here. Most of them indeed allow you to receive the passes through e-mail to print them yourself, or physical delivery. Online delivery is the preferred way I would say. It’s quicker, and the PDF file is a nice backup in case you would lose the pass. You can simply print it again, which is not possible if you have it delivered as a paper ticket or if you buy it in Switzerland.

As you live in the US I assume you’ve been looking at http://www.raileurope.com/rai l-tickets-passes/swiss-pass/index.html and http://www.swissrailways.com/ en.

The first website offers a promotion at the moment (details here). You can pick the “e-pass” for at home printing (that’s what I would pick), and physical shipping through UPS which is free for orders of $399 and over (you will definitely qualify for free shipping).

The second website is the “official” webshop of the Swiss Railways. Of course they sell the exact same pass. If you prefer to order there, then note that you will have to pick a delivery option after filling out your address. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees), so you can print it at home.

• The thread ‘Buying Swiss Travel Pass for online delivery?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.