Buying tickets for Titlis and Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 0:20:45 #815376

Hi,

I need help on buying Ticket for excursion to Mt Titlis and Jungfrau.

I have already purchased Swiss Travel pass for my 4 family members and one child which came free with Swiss family card.Now I want to buy tickets for Titlis and Jungfrau. Need advice on following.

I tried to buy tickets for excursion on SBB website and it asks for start date for visit to Titlis .I am not sure if I enter particular date ,Is the ticket valid for that particular date only? OR it is valid from that date onward for certain period? If it is a particular date ticket then I am compelled to use on the same date which may not be a good option as I want to be flexible depending on weather conditions. Then should I avoid buying ONLINE tickets and buy ticket on station on the final day But there may be queue for direct tickets hence ONLINE can be a better option ,if the ticket dates are flexible. Please clarify whether ONLINE tickets are flexible on date ?

Also I couldn’t see Jungfrau excursion on SBB website .Which website should I buy ONLINE tickets for Jungfrau to avail discount with my Swiss Travel pass.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kiran

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 April 2018 at 3:00:55 #882482

Hello Kiran,

Don’t buy tickets on-line too far ahead of time. You don’t need to book ahead. If you buy on-line you have to pick a specific date. Buy the tickets in Switzerland and when you know the weather looks god to visit those mountains.

You can buy tickets for Jungfraujoch here and see prices see here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 4:43:54 #882483

Thanks Rockoyster for quick reply.

My visit dates are from 13th to 16th May18 .Hope there won’t be too much crowd to buy tickets.

How is the tourist crowd in mid may and usually it is advisable to visit in first or second half of the day,from crowd perspective?

Any particular precautions/advice for these excursions?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kiran

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 5:18:27 #882484

Hi Kiran,

>> I need help on buying Ticket for excursion to Mt Titlis and Jungfrau … My visit dates are from 13th to 16th May18 .Hope there won’t be too much crowd to buy tickets. How is the tourist crowd in mid may

May is the low season, so any queues should not be too long.

Buying a ticket in advance for Titlis won’t save you from queueing anyway, as any ticket bought online has to be exchanged at the ticket office for a card with a magnetic strip to operate the turnstile before boarding the gondola.

You can buy your ticket for the Jungfraujoch from any staffed station on the Jungfrau Railways, e.g Interlaken Ost, Wengen, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen.

>> and usually it is advisable to visit in first or second half of the day,from crowd perspective?

I don’t know what crowds will be like in May, but I would not expect big crowds at all.

>> Any particular precautions/advice for these excursions?

Dress warmly, including suitable footwear, and make sure you know what time the last train (from the Jungfraujoch) or gondola (from Titlis) leaves from the top.

Alpenrose

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    17 April 2018 at 5:18:46 #882485

Hi Kiran,

Mid-May is certainly not peak tourist season. I don’t think you will have too much trouble crowd-wise.

If you have any concerns about reservations for Jungfraujoch have a look at this thread. It works a bit differently to normal seat reservations.

Let the weather forecast dictate when you go. At Jungfraujoch you can keep an eye on the weather and the webcams. For Titlis you will find weather here and webcams here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 April 2018 at 17:13:43 #882486

Thanks a lot Alpenrose and Rockoyster for your reply.

Yes it makes sense to buy tickets at Railway station , depending on weather ,rather than buying ONLINE ,much ahead .

Thanks once again

Regards

Kiran

• The thread ‘Buying tickets for Titlis and Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.