Does everyone get a Swiss Travel Pass?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
ed67
ed67
3 posts
Jul 12, 2018 - 4:50 PM

Hello:

I will be buying Swiss pass tickets for my family, 2 adults and two youth tickets,for a trip from 7/21/18-8/1/18. I will be buying the tickets on line next week. There may be times when we separate on the trip. My question is when I buy the tickets will everyone get their own ticket so if we have to separate for any reason every person would have the own individual ticket? As an example if my wife and daughter want to take a later train in the morning will they have their own individual tickets and be able to do so. Also is it possible to have the tickets on your phone so you can just show the ticket on your phone to the ticket checker. Thanks for the help.

Arno
Arno
10735 posts
expert &
Jul 12, 2018 - 5:56 PM

Hi Ed, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You mean the Swiss Travel Pass, right? Everyone will get his or hers own pass, so you can travel separately as well. The passes need to be printed. You will need to show the printout. Showing the PDF on your phone is not considered a valid travel document, but it is a handy backup for sure.

Please find purchase options here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price

Last modified on Jul 12, 2018 - 5:57 PM by Arno
ed67
ed67
3 posts
Jul 12, 2018 - 6:01 PM in reply to Arno

Arno, thank you very much for the reply and I did mean the Swiss Travel Pass.

Dolson
Dolson
2 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 5:12 PM

I recently bought my Swiss Travel Pass directly from the SBB website and it automatically included a mobile pass as well as the PDF to printout. I created an account for the SBB website and have confirmed that I can access the Swiss Travel Pass on the SBB app on my phone. I plan to bring the printout in case of technology issues, but it's great to have both available.

I haven't tried to access the mobile pass on my husband's phone yet, but I can see both of our passes on my phone and we have separate printouts.

Last modified on Jul 13, 2018 - 5:14 PM by Dolson
Lucas
Lucas
7106 posts
expert &
Jul 13, 2018 - 5:44 PM in reply to Dolson

Ah excellent to hear that, thanks for the note Dolson - enjoy your trip!

ed67
ed67
3 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 10:21 PM

Thank you for the reply. We will go through SBB.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018