Cable car from Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn – Aletsch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 14:24:33 #812142

—Aletsch Glacier track route—–

Is the cable car operational from Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn during summer period? From Jun to Aug 2017? I can’t find the time table for the route on the Aletsch Arena website. If the route is not operational, what is the alternative hiking route?

Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn > train>Betten Talstation > cable car >Bettmeralp > cable car> Bettmerhorn>hike> Bettmeralp>cable care > Betten Talstation>train> Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 16:54:24 #864588

Hi DanielSiow and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The cable car is running as of 15.06.17 – you can find the schedule for that gondola on the SBB timetable here. Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn) TO Bettmergrat (Bettmeralp) is what you are looking for?

I am not sure why it isn’t up on https://www.aletschare na.ch/cableways/timeta ble/

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 23:46:32 #864589

Hi Lucas, appreciate your reply!

SBB timetable is showing no connection. Is there any bus connection in Bettmerhorn to the nearby train station should the gondola is not in operation? If I take the opposite direction?

Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn > train>Betten Talstation > cable car >Bettmeralp > hike > Bettmerhorn > ??? > Bahn

Thanks you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 9:31:14 #864590

If you are looking to get up to the Bettmerhorn you can take the gondola there in the summer and winter seasons – as noted on my earlier post you can find it on SBB timetable.

Enter the following: Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn) TO Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn)

There is a hike of about 20 minutes between Bettmeralp station and Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn) station that is unavoidable as far as I know before taking the gondola up to the top station (Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn)).

We also have a page on Bettmerhorn and how to get there here.

Does that make sense? I hope I am understanding your question properly!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 13:22:50 #864591

Thanks you Lucas!

I should enter ‘Bettmergrat’ instead of Bettmerhorn.

• The thread ‘Cable car from Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn – Aletsch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.