Cable car from Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn - Aletsch

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
danielsiow
danielsiow
3 posts
Jun 5, 2017 - 2:24 PM

---Aletsch Glacier track route-----

Is the cable car operational from Bettmeralp to Bettmerhorn during summer period? From Jun to Aug 2017? I can't find the time table for the route on the Aletsch Arena website. If the route is not operational, what is the alternative hiking route?

Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn > train>Betten Talstation > cable car >Bettmeralp > cable car> Bettmerhorn>hike> Bettmeralp>cable care > Betten Talstation>train> Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn

Thank you!

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 5, 2017 - 4:54 PM in reply to danielsiow

Hi DanielSiow and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The cable car is running as of 15.06.17 - you can find the schedule for that gondola on the SBB timetable here. Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn) TO Bettmergrat (Bettmeralp) is what you are looking for?

I am not sure why it isn't up on https://www.aletschare na.ch/cableways/timeta ble/

danielsiow
danielsiow
3 posts
Jun 5, 2017 - 11:46 PM

Hi Lucas, appreciate your reply!

SBB timetable is showing no connection. Is there any bus connection in Bettmerhorn to the nearby train station should the gondola is not in operation? If I take the opposite direction?

Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn > train>Betten Talstation > cable car >Bettmeralp > hike > Bettmerhorn > ??? > Bahn

Thanks you!

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 6, 2017 - 9:31 AM in reply to danielsiow

If you are looking to get up to the Bettmerhorn you can take the gondola there in the summer and winter seasons - as noted on my earlier post you can find it on SBB timetable.

Enter the following: Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn) TO Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn)

There is a hike of about 20 minutes between Bettmeralp station and Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn) station that is unavoidable as far as I know before taking the gondola up to the top station (Bettmeralp BAB (Bettmerhorn)).

We also have a page on Bettmerhorn and how to get there here.

Does that make sense? I hope I am understanding your question properly!

Last modified on Jun 6, 2017 - 10:08 AM by Lucas
danielsiow
danielsiow
3 posts
Jun 6, 2017 - 1:22 PM

Thanks you Lucas!

I should enter 'Bettmergrat' instead of Bettmerhorn.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019