Cable car from Kriens to Pilatus Kulm

• Henry_sanaga
    Participant
    10 posts
    18 December 2019 at 6:45:23 #824686

Hello, I want to ask about the information on the SBB ticket.

it shows as per attachment written “the connection from Kriens (Pilatusbahn) to Pilatus Kulm does not run or no longer runs at at the requested time”

does it means the cable car will not run on the whole day or just the time I choose?

because when I try to simulate, I can still purchase the tickets.

or if really cancelled, do we get a full refund?

thank you in advance for your help

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2019 at 7:01:05 #926597

Hi Henry sanaga,

I have checked it in the timetable on my laptop and there is no issue with that route. You can reach Mount Pilatus (http://www.myswissalps.com/pilatus/gettingthere) all year round, but sometimes only one route is operational. The cogwheel train from Alpnachstad to the top operated only to 17 November 2019. But the cableway from Kriens to the top does should operate in December (it was closed from 21 October to 8 November 2019.)

In similar cases (for example if a train is canceled) you can travel on the following one with the same ticket with no problem, you just need to tell to the controller, that your train has been canceled or you can request a refund and they give your money back.

If you want to make sure I suggest to write them an email: info@pilatus. ch. You can also purchase tickets through http://www.myswissalps.com/pilatus/tickets.

Henry_sanaga
    Participant
    10 posts
    18 December 2019 at 7:41:16 #926598

Hi Ildiko,

thank you for your fast response.

we will travel on 23 Dec, so now we just need to go to the cablecar depart from there. I checked also from the app, the ticket is still selling and just want to make sure.

Cheers

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 December 2019 at 7:43:33 #926599

Hi again,

I was curious, so I contacted them myself. They do not know about any issues, I was told that it will operate in December, only strong wind can occur a stopdown for safety reason.

You can still write them an email if you wish.

Have a nice day,

Ildiko

• The thread ‘Cable car from Kriens to Pilatus Kulm’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.