Cable car route to Klein Matterhorn

• irene
    Participant
    7 posts
    29 October 2019 at 9:49:17 #824328

Hi,

i am confuse of the 2 cable car routes to go to KLein Matterhorn.

route 1 = Zermatt Talstation – Furi – Areloid – Schwarzsee – Furg-Trockener Steg – Matterhorn Glacier Paradise 1. at which station should i alight and change cable car? 2.why in sbb app, i have to change the cable car 3times? at Furi- GB1, Schawarzee-GB1001, Trockener stegg-GB2001 , KLein Matterhorn – PB 3001… is that right?

Route 2 = Zermatt Talstation – Trockener Steg – Matterhorn Glacier Paradise 1. at which station should i alight and change cable car?

and with the ticket i have , i can choose either one of both routes, or the staff will let me know which one must i take?

and since i bring 17person, which cable car route that has big space (standing) that i see on youtube?

what is the difference between that 2 routes? i only know that from Trockener to M.Glacier Paradise, there is crystal ride which i dont take it as well.

please kindly help me to explain the detail step

Regards, irene

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 October 2019 at 23:38:50 #924356

Your ‘route 1’ is the Matterhorn Express which is a gondola type (gondola type = small 6 – 8 person cabins spaced not far apart and in constant movemnet) cable car, so not the sort you want. But the intermediate stations (Aroleid etc) are a red herring as on a gondola, the cars slow down to pass through the intermediate stations but keep going (you have the option to get on and off intermediately in some Gondola type routes

Your ‘route 2’ is the ‘traditional’ type cable car with one large (high capacity) cabin for each direction. Because of the geography the single cabin type cable cars must often be split into several sections to cover a long distance. In Zermatt, the large size cabin cable car is in three sections: Zermatt – Furi; Furi – Trockener Steg; Trockener Steg – Klein Matterhorn, so yes you must change twice at Furi and Trockener Steg

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 October 2019 at 7:06:44 #924357

Hi Irene,

if you want to change fewer, you can travel on ‘route 1’, on the Matterhorn Express and tell to the people to get out only at the end, at Trockener Steg, where you can wait for everybody gets there, then continue your trip together to the summit.

Last time when I have been at Klein Matterhorn only one of the routes was operating (the Matterhorn Express), so we had no choice.

Have a look at http://www.myswissalps.com/kl einmatterhorn/gettingt here too.

irene
    Participant
    7 posts
    30 October 2019 at 9:12:58 #924358

thanks all,

i have better view right know.

yes, i think only one route will be operate (not 2 routes at the same time) ,so i will not too worry anyway.

regards,

irene

Meemskirk
    Participant
    84 posts
    6 November 2019 at 12:07:21 #924359

Your last comment is correct. After you board, it will be very obvious what you have to do and where to go for the next leg. It does change based on the time of day and other conditions but not to worry as they’ll all go to the top!

We booked the extra “Crystal Ride" with the translucent floor but we were dizzy from the beauty all around us so we didn’t appreciate it as much as we might have. Enjoy.

• The thread ‘Cable car route to Klein Matterhorn’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.