Buying cable car tickets to Mt Titlis in advance

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2019 at 10:46:22 #821112

Hello,

i would like to ask if anyone has experienced whether Mid May will be packed with tourists at Mt Titlis? Reason being my family and I are planning a visit Mt Titlis on Thursday 16/5/2019 and probably will have to buy the tickets from the cable car station on the day itself. I was trying to buy online from STC website but unfortunately the tickets cannot be printed from home. Collection at Airport is not possible as I will be arriving Switzerland by train from Italy. Their other option is by courier also not in time for me to receive as i will be leaving for Europe this weekend. Therefore, I just want to prepare myself as to which is the best time to arrive at the cable car station before the long queue for tickets start. By the way, we have a Swiss Travel Pass.

Thank you

Yeoh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    21 April 2019 at 11:21:15 #909953

Hi Yeoh,

It can be busy mid May, yes, though not as busy as mid summer. It depends on the time of the day and luck as well. You can choose for your tickets to be sent to your hotel in Switzerland for CHF 6. That will take about 3 days. Please see https://shop.switzerla ndtravelcentre.com/en/ product/excursionTitli s. That’s a good option if your date for this excursion is fixed. If it’s not because you want to wait for the weather forecast or are flexible anyway, then you can buy closer to the date or on the spot as well.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2019 at 3:12:06 #909954

Thank you Arno for your reply. I will check if they can send to my vacation home. Regards.

• The thread ‘Buying cable car tickets to Mt Titlis in advance’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.