Cablecar costs for Mount Pilatus, Titlis & Rigi

Cablecar costs for Mount Pilatus, Titlis & Rigi

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
AndrewRitchi
AndrewRitchi
3 posts
May 22, 2017 - 10:58 AM

Hi,

I am trying to determine the cost of just the cablecar part of going up Mount Pilatus, Titlis and Rigi.

I have already bought a Swiss Pass Flexible to catch all trains, boats and buses in Switzerland.

I have looked at Tell Pass and am trying to figure out if I should just buy the cablecar tickets separately.

Regards,

Andrew.

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
May 22, 2017 - 12:36 PM in reply to AndrewRitchi

Hi Andrew and welcome To MySwissAlps!

Both the Swiss Travel Pass Flex and the Tell Pass - Summer allow free travel to Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus.

The Tell Pass - Summer also gives free travel to Mt Titlis. The Swiss Travel Pass Flex offers a 50% discount on the trip from Engelberg to Mt, Titlis; That trip is 92chf round-trip normally.

Assuming these are your only plans then it wouldn't be worth buying the Tell Pass - Summer (if you already have the Swiss Travel Pass Flex) to save 46chf per adult.

Lucas

AndrewRitchi
AndrewRitchi
3 posts
May 22, 2017 - 10:38 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas.

I couldn't see anywhere that the Swiss Travel pass covered the cable car on Pilatus? I found a statement on the Mt Rigi site that said it covered the cable car there.

Regards,

Andrew.

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
May 23, 2017 - 8:19 AM in reply to AndrewRitchi

Yes, Mt. Pilatus is covered fully by the Swiss Travel Pass - you can see on the PDF map here.

Lucas

AndrewRitchi
AndrewRitchi
3 posts
May 23, 2017 - 10:24 AM

Thanks very much for the info.

I had downloaded the map previously but I didn't see the cable cars were on there also.

You just saved me some serious money. Thanks very much for that.

Please pass on my compliments to your Line Manager for being so helpful.

Regards,

Andrew.

Lucas
Lucas
3375 posts
expert &
May 23, 2017 - 3:15 PM in reply to AndrewRitchi

Happy to help!

The link I gave you earlier also lists the top attractions that are covered (a bit quicker to find).

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017