Cable cars between Lauterbrunnen & Murren

• EvanWilliams
    Participant
    4 posts
    16 May 2018 at 0:23:14 #815997

First off thanks to everybody who takes the time to post on this forum and maintain this site–I am a planner (worrier) so greatly appreciate being able to research our trip to Switzerland in advance. During our stay this August in the Interlaken area, I want to take advantage of the many cable cars that connect villages/mountains and enjoy the wonderful scenery, without necessarily going to tops of any of the high peaks. I’ve read about the stretch between Lauterbrunnen and Murren, and am trying to see on Google Maps how to best enjoy traveling from one to the other, without spending hours on foot. I certainly don’t mind walking (especially in the Swiss Alps) , but we want to experience as many aspects of the region as possible during our (unfortunately) short stay.

I can see that there’s a cable-car(?) between Lauterbrunnen and Grutschalp, and it looks lovely once you arrive. From there, could I walk directly to Winteregg? (It looks like ‘yes’ on Google, but I’m just making sure). From Winteregg, it appears that there’s a series of either cable-cars or ski-lifts heading South: Winteregg–>Maulerhubel–>Allmiboden–>Allmendhubel … Will all of these be running in August?

For the descent, is it possible to walk from Allmendhubel to Murren, or is there a different path that is suggested? I think finally we would take the cable-car from the Murren Schilthorn station to Gimmelwald, and then to Stechelberg….

Thank you again for the help and suggestions!

• The thread ‘Cable cars between Lauterbrunnen & Murren’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.