Calculating train fares for best Swiss rail pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 September 2017 at 18:11:47 #813166

I am trying to decide whether to purchase a Swiss half pass or Swiss travel pass. As advised, I am trying to calculate train fares for the various trips I plan to take while in Switzerland. After selecting my preferred train on the site, I am unable to click on the red purchase ticket button to access pricing. Instead, I am receiving a message “A suitable offer could not be found”. Please help. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 5:13:50 #869400

Hi PandP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It should be possible by using our web page here on choosing the best rail pass.

Are you using the SBB timetable to find fares? Which route are you looking for?

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 14:00:40 #869401

I faced the same situation as PandP too — same error message “Please check your details – a suitable offer could not be found.” Yes, I believe PandP was at the SBB timetable too.

In my case, I was searching for:

Luzern to Zürich Flughafen

Travel route Mon, 16.10.2017. Departure 14:41 (random timing)

There were a few options listed, but I was not able to select any of them to view the price.

Thanks in advance!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 14:11:23 #869402

Oh, it is because travel is more than one month away on the SBB timetable. You can’t buy tickets. You can check the same route on an earlier date to get a rough idea on the cost for the trip.

If you want to buy them now, you can also go here to buy tickets through one of the main ticket sellers for Europe.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 14:42:38 #869403

Thank you, Lucas. I, too, was entering dates that were over a month away. I entered tomorrow’s dates and have found the corresponding prices. I appreciate your help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 September 2017 at 14:46:11 #869404

Thank you Lucas!!

• The thread ‘Calculating train fares for best Swiss rail pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.