Calculating train fares for best Swiss rail pass

Calculating train fares for best Swiss rail pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
PandP
PandP
2 posts
Sep 3, 2017 - 6:11 PM

I am trying to decide whether to purchase a Swiss half pass or Swiss travel pass. As advised, I am trying to calculate train fares for the various trips I plan to take while in Switzerland. After selecting my preferred train on the site, I am unable to click on the red purchase ticket button to access pricing. Instead, I am receiving a message "A suitable offer could not be found". Please help. Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
7092 posts
expert &
Sep 4, 2017 - 5:13 AM in reply to PandP

Hi PandP and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It should be possible by using our web page here on choosing the best rail pass.

Are you using the SBB timetable to find fares? Which route are you looking for?

Lucas

Last modified on Sep 4, 2017 - 5:15 AM by Lucas
slothrabbit
slothrabbit
40 posts
Sep 4, 2017 - 2:00 PM

I faced the same situation as PandP too -- same error message "Please check your details – a suitable offer could not be found." Yes, I believe PandP was at the SBB timetable too.

In my case, I was searching for:

Luzern to Zürich Flughafen

Travel route Mon, 16.10.2017. Departure 14:41 (random timing)

There were a few options listed, but I was not able to select any of them to view the price.

Thanks in advance!

Lucas
Lucas
7092 posts
expert &
Sep 4, 2017 - 2:11 PM in reply to slothrabbit

Oh, it is because travel is more than one month away on the SBB timetable. You can't buy tickets. You can check the same route on an earlier date to get a rough idea on the cost for the trip.

If you want to buy them now, you can also go here to buy tickets through one of the main ticket sellers for Europe.

Lucas

PandP
PandP
2 posts
Sep 4, 2017 - 2:42 PM

Thank you, Lucas. I, too, was entering dates that were over a month away. I entered tomorrow's dates and have found the corresponding prices. I appreciate your help.

slothrabbit
slothrabbit
40 posts
Sep 4, 2017 - 2:46 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you Lucas!!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018