Living in Switzerland- can I use Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Posts: 3
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
2 posts
new member
May 26, 2017 - 9:47 AM

I didn't come to Switzerland because of traveling. I got a residence permit (Permesso di durata(L)) for one year so that I could work in Switzerland. Can I use Swiss travel pass?

10385 posts
expert &
May 26, 2017 - 10:08 AM in reply to lrhmali

Hi lrhmali and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can get the Swiss travel Pass by showing your foreign passport.
I'm also on a permit to live here and have the Swiss Half Fare TravelCard (1-year for residents, the a 1-month version for tourists) that gives you 50% off all trips. This may be more useful to you if you plan on doing small getaways on weekends throughout the year.

But if you are planning on spending a few days or a week or two to travel frequently around Switzerland, the Swiss Travel Pass may be more beneficial for you.

Last modified on May 26, 2017 - 11:47 AM by Arno
2 posts
new member
May 26, 2017 - 10:11 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you, you've been most helpful.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

© 2002-2019