Living in Switzerland- can I use Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2017 at 9:47:43 #811984

I didn’t come to Switzerland because of traveling. I got a residence permit (Permesso di durata(L)) for one year so that I could work in Switzerland. Can I use Swiss travel pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2017 at 10:08:19 #863970

Hi lrhmali and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, you can get the Swiss travel Pass by showing your foreign passport.
    I’m also on a permit to live here and have the Swiss Half Fare TravelCard (1-year for residents, the a 1-month version for tourists) that gives you 50% off all trips. This may be more useful to you if you plan on doing small getaways on weekends throughout the year.

But if you are planning on spending a few days or a week or two to travel frequently around Switzerland, the Swiss Travel Pass may be more beneficial for you.
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 May 2017 at 10:11:16 #863971

Thank you, you’ve been most helpful.

• The thread ‘Living in Switzerland- can I use Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.