Can I book seats before I buy a Swiss Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2014 at 9:32:19 #806545

Hi can I reserve seats on the GE and BE before I buy the 1st swiss pass and im thinking of the 10% discount as we will be travelling together, but I might be doing the cable cars on my own will I still be able to do this with getting the 10% discount please clare

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 July 2014 at 11:13:04 #840741

Hi zippy,

No problem. The Swiss Pass and seat reservations are independent components, so you can buy them separately or at the same time. It is explained on the reservation page.

A Swiss Saver Pass includes the 10% discount, and you can use it by yourself if your companion does not travel along for a day (see the Swiss Pass page).

Since you’re from the UK you can get your Swiss Saver Pass from the official Swiss railways shop: http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/swisspass. Shipping is free and there are no exchange rate costs because you can pay in GBP.

Enjoy the rides with the Swiss trains!

• The thread ‘Can I book seats before I buy a Swiss Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.