Can I book seats before I buy a Swiss Pass?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
zippy
zippy
14 posts
Jul 30, 2014 - 9:32 AM

Hi can I reserve seats on the GE and BE before I buy the 1st swiss pass and im thinking of the 10% discount as we will be travelling together, but I might be doing the cable cars on my own will I still be able to do this with getting the 10% discount please clare

Arno
Arno
14065 posts
expert &
Jul 30, 2014 - 11:13 AM

Hi zippy,

No problem. The Swiss Pass and seat reservations are independent components, so you can buy them separately or at the same time. It is explained on the reservation page.

A Swiss Saver Pass includes the 10% discount, and you can use it by yourself if your companion does not travel along for a day (see the Swiss Pass page).

Since you're from the UK you can get your Swiss Saver Pass from the official Swiss railways shop: www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/swisspass. Shipping is free and there are no exchange rate costs because you can pay in GBP.

Enjoy the rides with the Swiss trains!

Last modified on May 17, 2018 - 12:11 PM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019