Buying a Swiss Travel Pass in Konstanz, Germany?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2017 at 15:44:25 #812815

1. I will be starting the use of my Swiss Travel Pass on a trip from Konstanz to Lauterbrunnen. Can I buy the pass at the train station in Konstanz or would it be better to buy it the week before while I am at the Zurich Airport?

2. If at the airport, do I get it at the Tourist Information or from where I buy a train ticket?

Thanks for your help.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2017 at 16:04:48 #867735

Hi traveller7 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You won’t be able to buy a Swiss Travel Pass in Konstanz no – only in Switzerland.
    However, I think the most convenient option would be to buy the Swiss Travel Pass online.

This way it is emailed to you (electronic backup) and you can print at home before your trip (or at least before you enter Switzerland. This way there is no need to find a SBB (Swiss railways) office and wait in line.

Lucas

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 August 2017 at 21:59:36 #867736

Hi Lucas,

There is actually a manned SBB ticket shop in Konstanz Station. It’s right alongside the DB ticket shop.

So I would say it is possible to buy an STP there. On-line is of course better if time permits.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2017 at 6:09:10 #867737

I stand corrected! I didn’t see one there before (and so assumed you could not in Germany) but that’s what happens when you “assume” haha.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 7:45:41 #867738

Hi, If I buy the swiss travel pass online, will it arrive with names printed on it? Also I am british and my parents are Indian passport holders and will be travelling with me. I am sponsoring their travel costs and would like to buy swiss travel pass for them along with mine online. Will it be ok for me to buy their travel pass from http://www.swissrailways.com or should they buy theirs from http://www.raileurope.co.in? Your advice would be greatly helpful. thank you.

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 August 2017 at 18:25:46 #867739

Hi Parents, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It’s no problem to go to http://www.swissrailways.com/ en/products/swisspass and buy passes for all of you combined. You can fill out your address as the billing address. Be sure to select “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list of delivery options. This will be displayed after filling out your address and before entering all passenger details. Names and passport numbers will be on the pass when you receive them through e-mail. You just have to print the passes.

Please post further questions in a new thread. This one is about a different topic. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2017 at 18:52:51 #867740

Hi Arno, thank you very much for your reply.

• The thread ‘Buying a Swiss Travel Pass in Konstanz, Germany?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.