Can I buy swiss pass at Zurich rail station?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2013 at 4:10:03 #806107

We have planned to go to Zurich by train from Munich in september 2013.I wonder if it is a good idea to buy swiss pass at the
    rail station or I should buy it from where I live.

I live in thailand.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 July 2013 at 4:24:59 #839052

Hi nanatpeg,

You can find all purchase option at the Swiss Pass page. If you wait until Zurich to buy the pass, you have to pay the full fare between the border and Zurich. Theoretically you can get out at a staffed border station and buy the pass there, but then you miss your train and have to wait for the next one. It’s easier to buy online to not loose time and get free traveling right from the border. In case of Thailand you can get the pass here and pay in your own currency. Don’t forget to check out the promo codes.

Here's a list of hotels near the Zurich rail station, in case you haven’t booked yet.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Can I buy swiss pass at Zurich rail station?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.