Can I get to Soglio from the Bernina Express?

• KingVotto
    Participant
    1 post
    1 August 2021 at 4:39:16 #825993

I will be in Italy in late September and want to take the Bernina Train or Express. I also really want to spend a few nights in Soglio hiking and exploring. What is the best way to get to Soglio if I take the Bernina? Is it best to just go to St. Moritz then take a bus down? Could I get off at a regional stop on the way and get there? Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    1 August 2021 at 5:07:13 #935979

Hi KingVotto, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The most obvious route if you use the Bernina Express (https://www.myswissalps.com/berninaexpress/gettingthere) is to get out in St. Moritz and take a bus to Soglio. In most cases you’ll have to change buses in Promontogno, close to Soglio.

Another option would be to travel from Tirano to Soglio via Chiavenna in Italy. It doesn’t make a big difference time-wise compared to traveling via St. Moritz. After your hiking, you could continue to St. Moritz and pick up the Bernina Express route there. But you’d miss out on the beautiful Bernina Express section Tirano-Pontresina/St. Moritz in that case, which I think is one of the highlights of the trip.

All connections can be found in the SBB timetable: https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable

• The thread ‘Can I get to Soglio from the Bernina Express?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.