Can I purchase Swiss Half Fare Card on day of use?

• Momo
    Participant
    12 posts
    2 July 2018 at 5:37:05 #817016

I am traveling from Zurich today to Wilderswil to catch Jungfraujoch, then will be going to Zermatt for two days. Want to purchase the Swiss Half-fare Card, but went to an online link which blocked out purchase for today (and the next 3-4 days). I saw on here that these Half-fare Card can be purchased directly at a railway station—will I be able to purchase it for use to begin today?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2018 at 6:33:53 #889939

Hi Momo and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think it is too late to buy online for today. Strange that you can’t buy for tomorrow or the next day though. Where were you trying to buy it?

In any case, you can definitely buy a Swiss Half Fare Card at any manned rail station office today for use starting today.

Momo
    Participant
    12 posts
    2 July 2018 at 6:36:21 #889940

Ok. Thank you!! I was trying to buy it from swiss-pass.ch, which was a link from another website.

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 July 2018 at 8:09:51 #889941

Hi Momo,

Our list of trusted retailers is here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price. I don’t think any of them allows a purchase for the same day as it’s just too risky. Happyrail offers them for tomorrow at the earliest: https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/swiss-half-fare-card.

Have a good trip!

• The thread ‘Can I purchase Swiss Half Fare Card on day of use?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.