Can I purchase Swiss Half Fare Card on day of use?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Momo
Momo
12 posts
Jul 2, 2018 - 5:37 AM

I am traveling from Zurich today to Wilderswil to catch Jungfraujoch, then will be going to Zermatt for two days. Want to purchase the Swiss Half-fare Card, but went to an online link which blocked out purchase for today (and the next 3-4 days). I saw on here that these Half-fare Card can be purchased directly at a railway station—will I be able to purchase it for use to begin today?

Lucas
Lucas
9577 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2018 - 6:33 AM in reply to Momo

Hi Momo and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I think it is too late to buy online for today. Strange that you can't buy for tomorrow or the next day though. Where were you trying to buy it?

In any case, you can definitely buy a Swiss Half Fare Card at any manned rail station office today for use starting today.

Last modified on Jul 2, 2018 - 6:34 AM by Lucas
Momo
Momo
12 posts
Jul 2, 2018 - 6:36 AM in reply to Lucas

Ok. Thank you!! I was trying to buy it from swiss-pass.ch, which was a link from another website.

Arno
Arno
11345 posts
expert &
Jul 2, 2018 - 8:09 AM

Hi Momo,

Our list of trusted retailers is here: www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price. I don't think any of them allows a purchase for the same day as it's just too risky. Happyrail offers them for tomorrow at the earliest: https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/swiss-half-fare-card.

Have a good trip!

Last modified on Jul 2, 2018 - 8:10 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018