Family of 7 wants to reserve seats on Swiss trains

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 9:42:48 #817245

Now that I have bought both a 4day first class swiss travel passes and supersaver tickets, how do I ensure we all sit together on the train?

I don’t understand how to reserve seats.

I went to SBB website and went to reserve seats, I picked a time and date. Then I have a choice to get 5 tickets, instead of 7. SO I move forward to the next page and then I just don’t understand how to complete the process.

Please help!!! We are going from Zurich airport to Wengen in about 24 hours! Local time will be 800 when we arrive in Zurich.

ANd then please help with the return ticket, which I bough supersaver for departure from Wengen onJuly 18 at 703.

Thanks again

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 11:00:06 #891272

Hi edlr4ma,

Reservations are quite uncommon in Switzerland so it isn’t something you’ll find a lot of details on more often than not. 🙂 Many trains it isn’t possible to reserve so keep that in mind as well.

Many trains departing from the airport, start there so it will often be empty when you board.

We have information on reservations for you here though! https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/reservatio ns and you’ll find links there to make reservations as well if you choose.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 11:10:25 #891273

Ok, so you think there is a good chance to be together on the trains?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 July 2018 at 17:33:59 #891274

Most of the time yes. A pretty god chance. But you can reserve if you don’t want to chance it (on some routes).

If you cant sit together at first, someone will leave and you can move around. Some people may only be on for a few stops. Sometimes you may have to split into 2 groups for a bit.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 July 2018 at 9:54:16 #891275

Hi Edlr4ma,

From the top of my mind reservations are CHF 5 per seat per train. So CHF 35 per train in your case. That’s a lot of money to spend on multiple trains. As Lucas said it’s common not to reserve apart from the few tourist trains that require it. Seats are mostly arranged in groups of 4, so you’ll have to split in 2 groups anyway, but hopefully you can sit close together most of the time.

Enjoy your trip, you’ll probably love the flexibility of the train system!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2018 at 13:55:21 #891276

Thank you !

• The thread ‘Family of 7 wants to reserve seats on Swiss trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.