Family of 7 wants to reserve seats on Swiss trains

Family of 7 wants to reserve seats on Swiss trains

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Edlr4ma
Edlr4ma
10 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 9:42 AM

Now that I have bought both a 4day first class swiss travel passes and supersaver tickets, how do I ensure we all sit together on the train?

I don't understand how to reserve seats.

I went to SBB website and went to reserve seats, I picked a time and date. Then I have a choice to get 5 tickets, instead of 7. SO I move forward to the next page and then I just don't understand how to complete the process.

Please help!!! We are going from Zurich airport to Wengen in about 24 hours! Local time will be 800 when we arrive in Zurich.

ANd then please help with the return ticket, which I bough supersaver for departure from Wengen onJuly 18 at 703.

Thanks again

Lucas
Lucas
7092 posts
expert &
Jul 13, 2018 - 11:00 AM in reply to Edlr4ma

Hi edlr4ma,

Reservations are quite uncommon in Switzerland so it isn't something you'll find a lot of details on more often than not. :) Many trains it isn't possible to reserve so keep that in mind as well.

Many trains departing from the airport, start there so it will often be empty when you board.

We have information on reservations for you here though! https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/reservatio ns and you'll find links there to make reservations as well if you choose.

Edlr4ma
Edlr4ma
10 posts
Jul 13, 2018 - 11:10 AM in reply to Lucas

Ok, so you think there is a good chance to be together on the trains?

Lucas
Lucas
7092 posts
expert &
Jul 13, 2018 - 5:33 PM in reply to Edlr4ma

Most of the time yes. A pretty god chance. But you can reserve if you don't want to chance it (on some routes).

If you cant sit together at first, someone will leave and you can move around. Some people may only be on for a few stops. Sometimes you may have to split into 2 groups for a bit.

Arno
Arno
10735 posts
expert &
Jul 14, 2018 - 9:54 AM

Hi Edlr4ma,

From the top of my mind reservations are CHF 5 per seat per train. So CHF 35 per train in your case. That's a lot of money to spend on multiple trains. As Lucas said it's common not to reserve apart from the few tourist trains that require it. Seats are mostly arranged in groups of 4, so you'll have to split in 2 groups anyway, but hopefully you can sit close together most of the time.

Enjoy your trip, you'll probably love the flexibility of the train system!

Edlr4ma
Edlr4ma
10 posts
Jul 14, 2018 - 1:55 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you !

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018