Can we buy a sim card at Paris airport ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 12:00:06 #816721

We will be traveling to Europe (France, Switzerland and Italy) in July and need some help in deciding a sim card which can work in all the three countries. We will need data and calling minutes in Europe for 14 days. Please help us in making a decision between “OneSimCard Europe & More” and “MyUK SimCard”. Also, is there any price difference if we buy online or at the Paris or Geneva airport? Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 June 2018 at 12:23:17 #888662

Hi Arajnish,

Personally I would focus on the data and make calls via Skype, Whatsapp, etc. You can do that with a SIM card or a Wifi hotspot (and keep your own SIM card in place). If you prefer actual phone calls (not online), then the first card that you mentioned is a good option. It offers data and calls in those 3 countries (and more). You’ll find details here: http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard.

I don’t think I’ve heard of the second option you mentioned. It sounds like a card for the United Kingdom, which is not where you are going.

Different options will be available at the airports, but I don’t have details about that.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2018 at 22:20:15 #888663

Hi Arno, thanks a lot for your reply. “MyUK SimCard” is based in UK but it says “Use your data, minutes and texts in 34 European countries for no additional cost: free roaming!”. For $39.99 they are giving 12GB data, 3000 mins, 3000 txts. I would like to know if any one have used their sim card?. Is this a ligitimate website http://www.myuksimcard.com/eu rope-phone-simcard-plans/ ? Thank you for the help in advance.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 5:47:56 #888664

Hi arajnish,

Arno, nor I have heard about the company before. But it is UK based so that isn’t surprising. Sorry we can’t be of further help on that company.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 June 2018 at 23:51:34 #888665

Hi Lucus, thank you for taking the time to reply my question. Now I have come across few more service providers like Vodafone and Boutique Orange and they do provide services in Switzerland, France and Italy. Does anyone have used their services in Switzerland? Thanks for all your help.

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 June 2018 at 9:25:29 #888666

Hi Arajnish,

Vodafone is a big player in the telecom market all of Europe, perhaps beyond too. I’ve used them a few years but not in Switzerland. It was fine as I recall it. I haven’t heard of the other one. Within Switzerland I have used the ones explained on http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard: Travelers Wifi and Simly. Both were perfectly fine, with Travelers Wifi being the absolute best option for data and internet calls, but also more expensive of course.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 11:40:29 #888667

Thank you for the amazing help you offer in this group!

• The thread ‘Can we buy a sim card at Paris airport ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.