Can we take baby pram to the Jungfraujoch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 August 2019 at 20:32:06 #823461

I and my wife will be travelling to Jungfraugh from Interlaken by train in Sep 2nd week. We have a 1.5 year kid so we have his baby pram as well. He can walk and run.

Can we take baby pram to Jungfraugh? Is there a place where we can keep the pram before going in the snow?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2019 at 6:38:12 #920400

Hello Himandhudba1,

Yes, you will be fine taking your pram on to the Jungfraujoch, no worries. You will be able to leave it “by the door” when heading out into the snow and also on the train prams are, of course, allowed.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch

Without wanting to influence you I will add the medical recommendation sheet of the Jungfraujoch to this post, as smaller children can sometimes be affected by the altitude. So can adults, btw.

Best and get back to us anytime for more input.
    Steph

KSinCA
    Participant
    7 posts
    20 August 2019 at 1:35:52 #920401

Hello Himandhudba1, I just visited Jungfraujoch a few days ago saw many families with baby prams up there. As Steph said, you can leave the pram at the end of the tunnel which opens out onto the snow play area; I saw several prams parked there. I wanted to add a few observations about taking a pram on this trip. There are 2 turnstile entrances that you must pass through with your pram – one at the Kleine Scheidegg station going up and one at the departure point from Jungfraujoch going down. Depending on the size of your pram, you must be prepared to either collapse the pram or hand it over the turnstile. The family right in front of me at Kleine Scheidegg got their pram jammed in the turnstile (luckily the child was not in it) and this caused a number of people to nearly miss the departing train. Also the trains on the upper part of this trip (from Kleine Scheidegg for certain and possibly from Lauterbrunnen and/or Grindelwald) have narrower doorways into the train carriage where it might be difficult to maneuver a pram. Also these trains have less aisle space than the trains lower down, so again depending on the size of your pram it could be a tight fit. I hope these observations will make for more pleasant trips for families visiting Jungfraujoch.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2019 at 6:25:17 #920402

Thanks a lot.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2019 at 6:26:14 #920403

Thanks for the detailed response. This is really useful.

• The thread ‘Can we take baby pram to the Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.