Can you access Mt Titlis during maintenance?

Can you access Mt Titlis during maintenance?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
NatAndShaun
NatAndShaun
2 posts
May 13, 2017 - 2:16 PM

Hi there,

I am currently planning a trip to Switzerland in November, and noticed that there is maintenance work to the Titlis Rotair during this time from the 6-17 November.

Does this mean all access to Mt Titlis is closed during this period, or can we still access through other means like by train? Would love to find out:

• Is there any other way to access Mt Titlis?
  • What activities will be available during these dates?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Arno
Arno
10756 posts
expert &
May 13, 2017 - 3:32 PM

Hi Nat and Shaun,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You cannot access Mount Titlis between November 6 and 17, 2017. You can only take the cableway up to Trübsee, half way up the mountain. Could be nice if the weather is good, but it can't be compared to a peak visit.

I'd recommend to go somewhere else, like Stanserhorn (open until November 12), Pilatus (accessible via cableway, cogwheel train or both depending on the date) or Rigi (fully open). The latter two are free if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

NatAndShaun
NatAndShaun
2 posts
May 14, 2017 - 12:36 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks so much for your reply, that definitely helps! Very unfortunate timing for us, but I'm sure we will find another mountain nearby with just as stunning views :)

Thanks again!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
4735 posts
expert
May 14, 2017 - 6:40 PM in reply to NatAndShaun

<<"but I'm sure we will find another mountain nearby with just as stunning views :)">>

Pilatus and Stanserhorn

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018