Can you access Mt Titlis during maintenance?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2017 at 14:16:36 #811807

Hi there,

I am currently planning a trip to Switzerland in November, and noticed that there is maintenance work to the Titlis Rotair during this time from the 6-17 November.

Does this mean all access to Mt Titlis is closed during this period, or can we still access through other means like by train? Would love to find out:

• Is there any other way to access Mt Titlis?
    • What activities will be available during these dates?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    13 May 2017 at 15:32:14 #863248

Hi Nat and Shaun,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You cannot access Mount Titlis between November 6 and 17, 2017. You can only take the cableway up to Trübsee, half way up the mountain. Could be nice if the weather is good, but it can’t be compared to a peak visit.

I’d recommend to go somewhere else, like Stanserhorn (open until November 12), Pilatus (accessible via cableway, cogwheel train or both depending on the date) or Rigi (fully open). The latter two are free if you have a Swiss Travel Pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2017 at 12:36:16 #863249

Hi Arno,

Thanks so much for your reply, that definitely helps! Very unfortunate timing for us, but I’m sure we will find another mountain nearby with just as stunning views 🙂

Thanks again!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    14 May 2017 at 18:40:58 #863250

<<“but I’m sure we will find another mountain nearby with just as stunning views :)”>>

Pilatus and Stanserhorn

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Can you access Mt Titlis during maintenance?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.