Canceling a flight on Swiss Airlines?

Canceling a flight on Swiss Airlines?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Pickergal
Pickergal
64 posts
Aug 29, 2017 - 1:05 AM

My husband and I have a booked flight on Swiss from Zurich to Geneva. We have a 3 hour wait in Zurich before our plane leaves. When I booked the plane tickets, I forgot that we would have the Swiss Travel Pass so we could have taken the train for free from Zurich to Geneva. We are debating on when we should cancel our Swiss tickets. If our flight from the U.S. is on time, it makes sense to cancel the airline tickets and take the train. If our flight is delayed a couple of hours, we may as well take the plane since we already paid for it and get to Geneva a little sooner than on the train. My question is, if we wait until we arrive in Zurich to decide whether we are canceling our plane tickets, can we just go to the Swiss counter and request a refund or is that too late? Do we need to decide beforehand?

Thank you all for your help.

Lucas
Lucas
8936 posts
expert &
Aug 29, 2017 - 6:21 AM in reply to Pickergal

Hi Pickergal,

It depends on the terms and conditions on your Swiss Airlines ticket. You'll have to contact them to ask.

I've never bought a ticket that was refundable (as I always buy the cheapest ticket available). Normally there are no refunds available once you buy an airline ticket; unless you bought a ticket that is changeable - but they are usually quite expensive.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 29, 2017 - 6:21 AM by Lucas
Pickergal
Pickergal
64 posts
Aug 29, 2017 - 1:10 PM

Thank you, Lucas. I will check the terms and conditions of our purchase.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018