Canceling Swiss trip in May/June due to Covid-19

• Patx919
    Participant
    1 post
    23 April 2020 at 13:17:14 #825525

Hello!

Im sad to say but I believe my trip to Switzerland will not happen. I am currently scheduled to leave from Miami, Fl to Zurich on May 28th. Do you think that this flight will get cancelled? It seems from everything that I am reading, tourism will not happen to late June or July? I was planning on traveling to Switzerland from May 29- June 7th. I contacted my travel site and they said that I can not get my refund yet since the flight is still showing as “on time.”

Patrick

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2020 at 14:11:17 #932256

Hi Patrick and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I am sorry but I am pretty sure it will be canceled. At this moment it seems that borders are closed until middle of June. You cannot do much just wait a bit more and follow the updates on the coronavirus situation at http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

Take care,

Ildiko

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2020 at 0:47:34 #932257

I have moved my vacation from June 1st to Aug 1st.. I’m realllly hoping we get to go…. this forum keeps my dream alive!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2020 at 17:43:35 #932258

Hi Snowin81,

Hopefully you will be able to travel to Switzerland by then, and please don’t hesitate to ask here for any advice!

Happy planning!

Sara

• The thread ‘Canceling Swiss trip in May/June due to Covid-19’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.