Cancellation of Swiss Travel Pass

• mfran
    Participant
    4 posts
    13 September 2021 at 3:26:03 #826102

I purchased two 8 day Swiss travel passes in July 2021 from Happyrail. The passes were set to begin on September 7, 2021. I contacted Happyrail on August 22 and advised them that I wanted to cancel the passes and obtain a refund. On august 24 they advised that they would cancel the passes and request a refund. Happyrail indicated that it can sometimes take a while to receive a response from the Swiss Railways. It has now been 3 weeks and no word on the cancellation and refund. I am getting close to the deadline to dispute this transaction with my credit card issuer. Should I rely on Happyrail to properly resolve this issue?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6355 posts
    13 September 2021 at 6:03:56 #936540

Hi mfran,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps.

I’m sorry you are still waiting for y refund after three weeks. Sometimes it does take some time unfortunately. Please provide your booking/reference number so we could maybe follow up and speed up the process.

Regards,

Anna

mfran
    Participant
    4 posts
    13 September 2021 at 12:09:42 #936541

My Happyrail booking reference is YCDXKJ.

Thanks for your help.

Marvin

mfran
    Participant
    4 posts
    13 September 2021 at 12:22:36 #936542

Dear Anna,

Happyrail has also used a booking reference of V4Y2LW in their emails to me.

Thanks again.

Anna
    6355 posts
    13 September 2021 at 18:45:00 #936543

Thank you mfran.

We’ll be contacting Happy Rail to find out the progress of your refund. Please be patient.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 September 2021 at 7:10:13 #936544

Hi Mfran,

I checked with HappyRail. Your correct booking reference is YCDXKJ. The delay is caused by the Swiss Federal Railways who’s administrating all the sold passes, regardless where you purchased. Cancellations go through them as well, although as a customer you only have to deal with whoever you purchased from – HappyRail in your case. You will get your refund once the cancellation is processed. The process is delayed by the Railways but I am sure it will be fine in the end. If you purchased a pass that can be cancelled, it will be arranged for you, albeit slower than usual.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance!

mfran
    Participant
    4 posts
    14 September 2021 at 12:50:07 #936545

Thank you for your help.

• The thread ‘Cancellation of Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.