Can”t book train tickets on SBB on Sundays?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 1:14:12 #815900

I’m trying to book tickets from Zermatt to Como and yet the SBB site simply will not let me book on a Sunday. I enter the date and when it shows me the time table, it moves the date to Saturday. Does anyone know what’s going on? I’m told the trains run on Sundays…

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 1:26:06 #884917

Hi Melanie, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the trains do run on Sundays.

Several people have reported this bug, which might be related to time zones. Try starting the booking on the Monday, and let it move back a day to Sunday.

Alpenrose

Arno
    15484 posts
    12 May 2018 at 4:50:15 #884918

Hi Melanie,

If it does not work for you then please try the websites listed on http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy/price, particularly https://en.oui.sncf/en /destinations/italy. Note that the SBB site has issues with some credit cards, but if you have ordered successfully before it should be fine

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 13:54:06 #884919

Thank you, changing the day worked!

I do have another question: I have been told one cannot book tickets on SBB more than 30 days in advance, and yet the web site does indeed seem to be allowing me to book for a journey in July. Perhaps because it’s international (Zermatt to Como)? I just want to make sure my tickets will be valid!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 15:16:37 #884920

Yes, it would be because it is an international ticket. Don’t worry about invalid tickets – if it lets you book them then they are valid! 🙂

• The thread ‘Can”t book train tickets on SBB on Sundays?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.