St. Moritz to Austria – winter road conditions?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 January 2018 at 19:44:48 #814124

Hello!

I am curently staying in Sankt Moritz. I need to get to Nauders, it is next to Swutzerland/Austria border. A i saw on map, road Zernez – Pfunds is closed. How about Martinsbruck? I can not find any informations about its condition. Thank you for help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 January 2018 at 21:23:01 #874956

Welcome to MySwissAlps JakZak93! You’ll find a map with road conditions and links here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ca r/trafficinfo. Martinsbruck is the same road, so that’s no alternative. The Ofen Pass is closed too. The Bernina Pass seems to be closed as well, but according to another website it is open but snow covered. I’d recommend to ask the tourist agency in St. Moritz if it is actually open, and if they know alternatives. If your car is equipped for winter the Bernina Pass might be a possibility, although it’s a very long detour via Italy.

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 January 2018 at 7:24:56 #874957

Were you able to work this out JakZak93?

• The thread ‘St. Moritz to Austria – winter road conditions?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.