Carrying large suitcase in Swiss trains

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Scg21
Scg21
7 posts
Jun 18, 2018 - 3:33 AM

I am traveling to Switzerland next week for 6 days with my friends and family. We will be commuting to Zurich , Interlaken , Lucerne and Basel on Swiss trains as We have bought 8 day Swiss Travel Pass. We wish to know if We can carry out personal luggage like 158 cm suitcase etc with me in the train when we change hotels when we move from 1 city to another? And can I keep it in with me in the train coach itself and is it safe ? Please advise me accordingly.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Jun 18, 2018 - 6:57 AM in reply to Scg21

158cm is a very large suitcase. If you actually mean something a bit more normal then you will have no problems. See www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage.

Scg21
Scg21
7 posts
Jun 18, 2018 - 7:23 AM in reply to rockoyster

Dear Rockoyester

thanks for replying to my query. What I meant was that the suitecase we are carrying is normal suitcase allowed by airlines for international travel and is 158 cm total ( L+B+H included). So in effect it is 77 cm length 48 cm breadth and 33 cm height. Kindly advise on the same.

rockoyster
rockoyster
4019 posts
expert
Jun 18, 2018 - 7:29 AM in reply to Scg21

OK. Sounds like a normal (largish) suitcase. There will generally be somewhere in the carriage you can store the luggage and still keep it in sight. My wife and I spent 3 weeks in Switzerland last year and travelled all over the coountry with 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks. We had no trouble at all with luggage.

Last modified on Jun 18, 2018 - 7:29 AM by rockoyster
Scg21
Scg21
7 posts
Jun 18, 2018 - 7:40 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks for the information.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018