Carrying large suitcase in Swiss trains

• Scg21
    Participant
    7 posts
    18 June 2018 at 3:33:05 #816707

I am traveling to Switzerland next week for 6 days with my friends and family. We will be commuting to Zurich , Interlaken , Lucerne and Basel on Swiss trains as We have bought 8 day Swiss Travel Pass. We wish to know if We can carry out personal luggage like 158 cm suitcase etc with me in the train when we change hotels when we move from 1 city to another? And can I keep it in with me in the train coach itself and is it safe ? Please advise me accordingly.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 June 2018 at 6:57:59 #888606

158cm is a very large suitcase. If you actually mean something a bit more normal then you will have no problems. See http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/practical/luggage.

Scg21
    Participant
    7 posts
    18 June 2018 at 7:23:10 #888607

Dear Rockoyester

thanks for replying to my query. What I meant was that the suitecase we are carrying is normal suitcase allowed by airlines for international travel and is 158 cm total ( L+B+H included). So in effect it is 77 cm length 48 cm breadth and 33 cm height. Kindly advise on the same.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    18 June 2018 at 7:29:19 #888608

OK. Sounds like a normal (largish) suitcase. There will generally be somewhere in the carriage you can store the luggage and still keep it in sight. My wife and I spent 3 weeks in Switzerland last year and travelled all over the coountry with 2 suitcases and 2 backpacks. We had no trouble at all with luggage.

Scg21
    Participant
    7 posts
    18 June 2018 at 7:40:07 #888609

Thanks for the information.

• The thread ‘Carrying large suitcase in Swiss trains’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.