Cash only places/attractions in the Jungfrau area?

• swisscat
    Participant
    18 posts
    8 July 2014 at 15:33:21 #806495

During my forum ‘travels’ I have read of a few places that only take cash – but foolishly didn’t take note of them!

Can anyone please tell me of any places/attractions/situations (in the Jungfrau/BO area) where I would be unable to pay by card? I don’t want to be stuck on a mountain without enough cash (for 5 of us) nor indeed to carry too much cash without reason.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    9 July 2014 at 3:47:59 #840421

Depends on what you mean by “stuck on a mountain”

The busier tourist areas up in the mountains such as Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch certainly take plastic. As do the feeder regions: Kleine Scheidegg, M​ürren, Wengen, Grindelwald, etc.

If you are planning to do some high mountain hiking and ending up at huts/berghauses/etc there will be no plastic possible there.

If you could let us know where you are planning on going we can be more precise.

• The thread ‘Cash only places/attractions in the Jungfrau area?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.