Cell phones bought in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 September 2019 at 21:50:18 #823789

Someone named Vlasta posted this experience regarding buying cell phones in Switzerland back in October, 2010:

< “I just wanted to tell you about our cell phone purchase. We were 5 adults traveling and ,

for peace of mind, we purchased 2 cell phones to be used locally in Switzerland. We did this at

the Orange store at Zurich airport. The entire transaction only took about 15 minutes.

We bought 2 prepaid cell phones that also included SFR10 worth of minutes for 78 Swiss francs- this included minutes and texts.” >

I would like to do the same thing in my coming 2-week visit to Switzerland: Buy a cell phone when I get there, and use it to make calls to hotels and train stations within Switzerland only. If Vlasta or someone reading this message can help answer my question, I would really appreciate it:

Did these cell phones come with a Switzerland phone number? I sure hope so. Thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Luke
    Participant
    105 posts
    8 September 2019 at 23:35:32 #921960

Hi Jopie,

I wouldn’t go to the trouble of actually buying a cell phone – but just a sim card.

http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard

• The thread ‘Cell phones bought in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.