Chairlifts at Stoos/Fronalpstock: easy walk?

• Topher
    Participant
    20 posts
    26 April 2023 at 22:46:33 #829697

I really want to ride the funicular to Stoos and then take the two chairlifts up to the Fronalpstock. The group I am travelling with includes a couple of people who are somewhat mobility impaired, so I’m trying to plan trips that don’t involve too much walking to get to the top, and that will allow them to enjoy the views from the top of the trainride / gondola ride /etc., while others hike around a little bit after the mobility challenged have been deposited into a location where they can soak in the sun and the views. I’ve travelled enough in Switzerland to have a pretty good idea which locations do and do not meet that criteria. But I’m not sure about Stoos/Fronalpstock, which I have never seen. Can anyone tell me how far and how steep the walk is from the top of the Funicular station, that drops you off in Stoos, to the first of the two chairlifts that, it’s my understanding, deliver you up to the Fronalpstock restaurant and viewing platform? And how far is the walk if any between the two chairlifts, as well as the walk from the top of the second of those chairlifts to the actual viewing platform. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Yolanda
    2365 posts
    27 April 2023 at 11:16:55 #953799

Hello Topher,

Once you get off the funicular, you have a walk of about 10 minutes to the chairlift Fronalpstock, located in Stoos village. It’s not too strenuous nor too steep.

To reach the top, there are two stages. In the middle you have to change to the second chairlift. The change takes less than a minute and is in the immediate vicinity.

Once at the top you have the view right in front of you and the lookout point is a few steps away.

Do use the timetable link so you can plan your trip: https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Yolanda

• The thread ‘Chairlifts at Stoos/Fronalpstock: easy walk?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.