72625 posts
    13 December 2010 at 14:17:15 #804082

We are party of 4, (2 adults, 2 teenages), and will
    stay at Zermatt for two nights.

Is it possible to rent a cheaper 2 nights chalet nearby(reachable
    by train or bus) instead of 2 night hotels which need
    2 rooms?

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    14 December 2010 at 13:58:12 #832065

Hello npvacation! It’s definitely possible to rent an apartment or chalet in Zermatt. This is often cheaper than a hotel, as no breakfast and dinners are included. By cooking your own meals in your apartment or chalet you can save quite some money. However, most apartments can only be booked for a week or longer, usually starting at a Saturday. Also, an additional fixed amount has to be paid for cleaning after your stay, which make short stays relatively expensive. Please refer to our holiday apartment overview to see if one of the chalets listed there suits your needs and what rental periods are available. Further tips on budget holidays can be found here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2010 at 14:42:55 #832066

Annika,

Thanks for information. But when I use holiday apartments listing, I have two problems:
    1. Is there any English version? I currently use Google Translator to translate it from German into English.
    2. For Zermatt in August, it only allows me to choose from 3 nights, there is no 2 nights choice.
    Is any way to find 2 nights chalet?

Thanks.

Annika
    7116 posts
    14 December 2010 at 15:12:38 #832067

Hi,

I’m sorry, that part of the page should translate to English automatically, but I see that it doesn’t. I’ll look into that. For now, here is a link to an English version. Renting a chalet for 2 nights only is not very common. Your best chance would be to contact the local tourist office to see what they offer.

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 December 2010 at 16:28:56 #832068

You may find something on the Interhome web site: http://www.interhome.com

Dick

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2010 at 8:34:50 #832069

Thanks. I will check both local tourist office and interhome site.

Vlasta
    Participant
    58 posts
    4 January 2011 at 21:44:35 #832070

Hello,
    Sorry for the late reply, but i do want to let you know that my family of 5 adults stayed in Zermatt for 2 nights at Hotel Matterhornblick. We had a room at the hotel and an apartment in the Chalet Ritz, owned by the hotel, just a few steps across the small lawn from the hotel. Since there are only 4 of you, I am sure an apartment at the Chalet would be fine. We so enjoyed our stay there, everyone was so nice, the breakfasts were wonderful ( and included in the apartment price) and the rooms very nice. We would definitely go back.

Vlasta

Annika
    7116 posts
    5 January 2011 at 0:48:56 #832071

Thanks for sharing that Vlasta. Excellent information!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 January 2011 at 9:07:59 #832072

Vlasta,

Thanks a lot for information.

NP

• The thread ‘Chalet in Zermatt area in August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.