Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Chalets/apartments Wengen or Grindelwald in May

Chalets/apartments Wengen or Grindelwald in May

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
L Fun
L Fun
17 posts
Feb 8, 2019 - 4:44 AM

Hi,

My husband and I are planning to spend 8 days in Switzerland in late May. We are trying to decide between staying in Grindelwald or Wengen during that period. We were told that May is a fairly off-peak season and many shops and restaurants are closed in Wengen. Hence, we are leaning towards staying in Grindelwald, though we heard that the scenary in Wengen is spectacular.

We will probably be doing some hiking, taking the train to places (like Interlaken, Lauterbrennan Valley, etc) and just enjoy taking in the lovely scenery. We also like to cook some of our meals.

Any advice is and recommendation for chalet/apartment would be greatly appreciated.

Fun

Maria
Maria
818 posts
top member
Feb 8, 2019 - 6:44 PM

Hi and welcome to MySwissAlps!

End of May is indeed low season, so Grindelwald might be a safer bet. It will have a wider choice of restaurants and nightlife than Wengen. You can still get to Wengen from Grindelwald and explore the scenery there so I wouldn't worry too much. Here is more information on the low season: www.myswissalps.com/be sttimetovisit

For chalet & apartment suggestions have a look at:

A hiking suggestion in the area: www.myswissalps.com/hi king/maennlichen-kleinescheidegg, or www.myswissalps.com/hi king/gruetschalp-muerren if that one is not accessible yet because of snow.

Enjoy your stay in Switzerland!!

Maria.

L Fun
L Fun
17 posts
Feb 9, 2019 - 6:43 AM in reply to Maria

Hi Maria,

Thank you so much for your input & suggestions. Will definitely be checking out the websites suggested.

Cheers!

Fun

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2020