Chances for visiting Switzerland in Jan 2021

• Bingobrian
    Participant
    24 posts
    5 November 2020 at 13:10:06 #825729

Hi. What do members of the group think of our chances of coming to Switzerland this winter. Booked for the 4th January for 9 weeks. Not going well at the moment this end. Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2020 at 20:13:30 #934428

Hi Bingobrian,

though question. To be honest I do not know. I hope the bests but I am ot sure and cannot predict the future. The only thing you can do is to keep waiting and follow the news at http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland.

Also read these pages: http://www.myswissalps.com/coronavirus.

Sorry, that I could not really help you,

Ildiko

Bingobrian
    Participant
    24 posts
    6 November 2020 at 5:42:34 #934429

Thanks

Anna
    6362 posts
    6 November 2020 at 7:00:19 #934430

Hi Bingobrian,

I agree with Ildiko. It’s best to take the wait and see approach. January 2021 is not that far off though and I would advise keeping tabs on the coronavirus news and development closely just in case. Check out the links in Ildiko’s post. It’s been a challenging year for travel and health in general. Hopefully things will get better soon.

Regards,

Anna

Bingobrian
    Participant
    24 posts
    6 November 2020 at 10:47:36 #934431

Hi. Thanks to you both for replies. Looks less likely that we will be making the trip down.Its a long wait until next winter. All the work and money that has gone into the vbahn project in the Jungfrau region as well. Let’s hope that things take a turn for the better soon

• The thread ‘Chances for visiting Switzerland in Jan 2021’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.