Train change Interlaken Ost station in 7 minutes

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2019 at 21:49:07 #822848

I have to travel from Lauterbrunnen to Basel euro airport and I plan to take 6:32 am train from Lauterbrunnen. The route shows that I have 7 minutes to transfer from platform 2A to platform 7 at Interlaken ost station. Given that I have considerable number of luggage, is this much time enough for transfer. Also, are there any elevators/lift at the station to help me move to platform 7 faster, rather than lugging my luggage up and down on steps which will be very difficult to do in 7 minutes

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    14 July 2019 at 22:59:15 #917771

There are ramps as well as steps. 7 minutes should be fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2019 at 23:47:53 #917772

All Swiss major stations have official minimum connecting times (MCT), planned out by the railway authorities carefully to be the correct amount of time in which passengers can comfortably make a connection with luggage etc. The MCT for Interlaken Ost is 5 minutes

Most major interchange stations in Switzerland now have ramps to make it easier to wheel luggage from platform to platform

It is worth remembering that psychologically humans tend to think time passes more quickly than it actually does in reality. In this case 7 minutes is actually quite a long time. Try sitting at home and actually timing 7 minutes – it’s longer than you imagine

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2019 at 16:17:56 #917773

By your comment, I assume you haven’t every worked containing wildfires….time does not always move faster than we think!

• The thread ‘Train change Interlaken Ost station in 7 minutes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.